OmniaBio: Business Development Associate
OmniaBio Inc. is a contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) focused on cell and gene therapies from pre-clinical through to commercialization, and a subsidiary of CCRM. Benefitting from CCRM’s existing expertise, OmniaBio provides a continuum of advanced process and analytical development, and manufacturing capabilities, by enabling focused support for clients from early clinical phase to commercial supply needs. OmniaBio is built upon leadership in iPSCs, immunotherapy and LVVs. To be located at McMaster Innovation Park, less than one hour from the U.S. border, OmniaBio’s new commercial manufacturing site will anchor a biomanufacturing centre of excellence and will open with late clinical phase and commercial capacity in 2024 in a site totaling approximately 100,000 square feet. OmniaBio is supported by the Government of Ontario, via the Invest Ontario Fund. Please visit us at www.omniabio.com.
OmniaBio, Inc. is looking for a BD Associate with strong experience in prospecting, lead generation, and qualification in the biopharmaceutical CDMO / industry. The Associate will be responsible for developing the early-stage cell and gene therapy customer pipeline for OmniaBio’s process development and good manufacturing practices (GMP) manufacturing services and for supporting the BD team in pipeline development and expansion activities. You will work closely with technical experts across OmniaBio and its parent company, CCRM and report to the Director, Business Development.
- Early Lead Generation:
- Identify and utilize various digital platforms, as well as OmniaBio’s existing relationships, to assess evolving market trends and the competitive landscape in the cell and gene therapy (CGT) space.
- Utilize digital platforms and databases, conference leads, and OmniaBio’s existing relationships to identify potential new projects and prospects needing process and analytical development and GMP manufacturing services.
- Support conference strategy through occasional attendance at select cell and gene therapy industry events including trade shows, conferences, etc.
- Lead early-stage communication with prospects through the signing of confidentiality agreements, including presentation of capabilities, lead scoping and lead-qualification activities.
- Initiate, implement, and manage prospect outreach program by using available resources (market reports, industry newsletters, customer databases, etc.) to proactively identify and contact potential customers through email and other means.
- Proposal Generation:
- Work closely with the Proposal Specialist, Senior Manager, Commercial Operations and Technical subject matter experts to support the proposal process.
- Work with the Business Development Directors to follow-up on proposals in a timely manner and the support the sales process as required.
- CRM Support:
- Maintain timely and accurate records in CRM for all lead generation, prospecting, and qualification activities.
- Work with the Information Technology team and Commercial Operations to refine existing CRM capabilities to improve the user experience and processes so as to maximize adoption.
- BSc required; advanced scientific degree (MSc or PhD) desirable.
- 2+ years of BD support experience in the biopharmaceutical and/or CGT industry.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders and levels within OmniaBio.
- Extensive experience with market analysis, lead identification and prospecting, proposal writing and CRM utilization.
- Prior contract manufacturing experience in biologics or CGT space is highly desirable.
- Very strong communication skills (oral and written), including networking and relationship building skills with potential clients.
- Very strong writing skills, specifically of complex documents with attention to detail.
- Strong data mining and analytical skills.
- Demonstration of good project management skills and experience managing multiple priorities in a high growth environments.
- Intellectually curious self-starter able to adapt in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to work closely in highly collaborative, multi-functional teams including senior management.
OmniaBio Inc. is a developing organization and represents a fluid working environment. Flexibility and adaptability are essential, and duties will be influenced by the needs of the organization.
OmniaBio Inc. is committed to accessibility, diversity, and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process, providing the applicant has met the bona fide requirements for the open position. Applicants should make their requirements known once contacted to schedule an interview, or when the job offer has been made.
- Pay Type Salary