Rental Attendant 2022/2023
Position Title: Rental Attendant (Seasonal)
Reports to: Manager, Rental & Tech
Our Mission: Offer unique and memorable experiences through fun-filled programs, activities, and events
Job Summary: This individual will provide expertise and fitting knowledge of equipment while maintaining a positive attitude and creating a unique experience for the customer. This position will allow individuals to be the first point of contact with the customer and allows for the individual to follow procedural guidelines to ensure the customer has an enjoyable experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining all necessary certifications.
- Ensure the safety of our guests.
- Required to be punctual and adhere to the uniform requirements of the position.
- Required to attend pre-season department training and corporate training.
- Required to assist in other departments as needed determined by the demands of operations.
- Responsible for the rental needs of our customers, to ensure that their equipment is suitable and set up appropriately.
- Responsible for fitting of helmets, boots, skis, snowboards and ski poles.
- Responsible for asking key questions about skills and abilities of the customers to ensure the proper adjustments are made to equipment.
- Responsible to ensure all information on Northsoft is correct and input properly.
- Required to maintain a clean working environment.
- Required to adhere to the employee handbook and be punctual for their shifts.
- Ability to be self-motivated with strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and independently.
- Able to repeatedly lift 20.4 kg (45 lbs) comfortably.
- Able to communicate verbally in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to complete other physically demanding duties as required.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Customer oriented.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually, in a fast-paced environment.
- Takes pride in their work.
- Bilingual is an asset
- You are passionate about the recreation industry and eager to share that passion with others.
- You have strong people skills. You are approachable, a good listener and empathetic.
- You will be flexible with your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs.
- Ability to work weekends and weeknights and on occasion be available to cover shifts.
- Provide your own uniform in compliance with our uniform policy.
- You have, or can use our Human Resource platform to obtain, the following certificates: WHMIS 2015, Ladder Safety Training, Ontario Health & Safety Awareness Training (OHSA), Workplace Violence & Harassment Training (Bill 168 & 132) and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Training.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Travel Required No
- Job Start Date Monday, November 21, 2022
- Job End Date Sunday, March 19, 2023
- Chicopee, 396 Morrison Road, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada