Food Service Manager
Riverstone Retirement Communities is a locally owned and operated company offering, a highly respected, full continuum of care to it’s residents. We believe that everyone deserves to live a meaningful, engaged and joyful life. We strive to ensure our residents live comfortably and with dignity in a safe and happy environment. Riverstone offers our residents a variety of lifestyle options to best suit their needs-from independent to assisted living, including memory care.
Our valued employees work in an environment that fosters job satisfaction, respect, responsibility, loyalty and personal growth. We are looking for positive, caring team members who want to make a difference in the lives of seniors.
Under the direction of the General Manager, the Food Service Manager is responsible for the total operation of the Dietary Department.
- Graduate of a recognized course in Culinary Management (diploma or certificate);
- Red Seal certification
- Minimum of three years’ related experience, preferably in health care industry;
- Must have skills in planning, coordinating and supervising comprehensive dietary programs;
- Knowledge of Canada’s Food Guide to Healthy Eating, Hazardous Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), WHMIS, Health and Safety and Sanitation Code;
- Knowledge of business equipment and computer applications, such as MS Office, payroll processing software, etc.;
- Conversational bilingualism in English and French.
- Work as part of a team;
- Capable of adapting to different situations and change;
- Keen interest in working with seniors.
- Plans and implement 5-week rotational menu, ensuring compliance with the Canada Food Guide;
- Meets with nursing and dietary staff to assure implementation of therapeutic diets as ordered by physicians;
- Interviews residents about dietary habits and maintains dietary records;
- Ensures that the dietary department is meeting the residents’ nutritional needs;
- Reviews weekly menus with cooks to ensure: correct food ordering, usage of seasonal foods, taking advantage of specials, rotation of stock;
- Ensures that adequate standards of cleanliness and sanitation are maintained in food handling and food storage, and food service;
- Assures proper filing and posting of menus;
- Assists the Director of Care in the Infection Control Program by ensuring compliance with established policies in relation to dietary issues, i.e. saving of food samples;
- Deals personally with Public Health Department Inspectors during dietary inspections;
- Is knowledgeable about the Resident Rights and Responsibilities and assists dietary staff to respect and promote it;
- Know and interpret Riverstone policies, procedures and practices and communicates these to the appropriate personnel;
- Prepares time and work schedules, assigns duties on the basis of work priorities and availability of staff, redistributing staff where necessary, checking attendance, maintaining accurate records;
- Provides job analysis and role functions for all dietary personnel within their scope of practices;
- Reviews and revises personnel policies in conjunction with the General Manager;
- Ensures policy and procedure manuals are available for reference for all dietary personnel;
- Ensures availability and maintenance of dietary supplies and equipment and submits requisitions as necessary;
- Provides standardized recipes for all menu dishes;
- Meets with residents/family to resolve problems/concerns/complaints and review suggestions on menu items on a need be basis;
- Attends Resident meetings as requested to discuss concerns/complaints/suggestions;
- Responsible for delivery of orientation and training program in accordance with RHA and other legislative bodies.
- Pay Type Salary
- 505 Preston St, Ottawa, ON K1S 4N7, Canada