Nursing - Registered Practical Nurse (RS)
STIRLING PARK RETIREMENT COMMUNITY - REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE
Casual - $28.84/hr
Riverstone Retirement Communities is a locally owned and operated company offering, a highly respected, full continuum of care to it’s residents. We believe that everyone deserves to live a meaningful, engaged and joyful life. We strive to ensure our residents live comfortably and with dignity in a safe and happy environment. Riverstone offers our residents a variety of lifestyle options to best suit their needs-from independent to assisted living, including memory care.
Our valued employees work in an environment that fosters job satisfaction, respect, responsibility, loyalty and personal growth. We are looking for positive, caring team members who want to make a difference in the lives of seniors.
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario and Medication Administration Certification
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification
- Two years or more experience, preferably in a geriatric setting;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Supervisory skills, emergency management and added nursing skills.
- Work as part of a team
- Capable of adapting to different situations and change
- Keen interest in working with seniors
- Assists the Director of Care in the planning, development, organization, implementation and evaluation of the overall quality of resident care by the nursing department;
- Delivered and received report at the beginning and end of each shift;
- Participates in the development of health care plan for each resident and ensures that it is carried out, reviewed and revised as necessary;
- Performs initial and ongoing nursing assessments of residents’ needs;
- Carries out constant surveillance of residents for physical and emotional well-being and accounts for each resident on each shift;
- Administers and/or supervises medication as ordered by residents’ attending physician;
- Assists residents with personal care as required;
- Charts any unusual symptoms and/or observations;
- Calls residents physician when necessary;
- Orders, administers and stores medication and treatment in compliance with the Riverstone RC polices, pharmacy and standards of the College of Nurses of Ontario, for current and new residents.
- Provides orientation to all new hires and directs, assigns and evaluates the work of PSW/HCA;
- Ability to manage department in the absence of Director of Care, in areas such as staffing, equipment breakdown, supply ordering and receiving;
- Liaises with other health care [personnel, agencies and families as required;
- Assist in orientation of the residents, family members and nursing staff;
- Completes audits and reports as required.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 310 Titan Private, Nepean, ON K2G 3K2, Canada