Food Service - Diningroom Server (RS)
RIVERPATH RETIREMENT COMMUNITY - DININGROOM SERVER
Part-Time - $17.51/hr
Riverstone Retirement Communities is a locally owned and operated company offering, a highly respected, full continuum of care to it’s residents. We believe that everyone deserves to live a meaningful, engaged and joyful life. We strive to ensure our residents live comfortably and with dignity in a safe and happy environment. Riverstone offers our residents a variety of lifestyle options to best suit their needs-from independent to assisted living, including memory care.
Our valued employees work in an environment that fosters job satisfaction, respect, responsibility, loyalty and personal growth. We are looking for positive, caring team members who want to make a difference in the lives of seniors.
- Food service experience necessary, preferably with seniors.·
- Willingness and ability to learn.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, stand and walk short distances throughout the day.
- Ability to tolerate heat from kitchen area.
- Ability to provide Residents with a professional and high standard of service and to treat all Residents with maximum respect at all times and be cognizant of Residents’ physical and mental challenges.
- Ability to provide an unusual level of patience and tact while dealing with Residents and family requests.
- Familiar with WHMIS and safe food handling.
- To be present in the dining room and prepared to receive residents as they arrive for meals at the scheduled meal times.
- Serve food to residents observing special diet restrictions, resident preferences and follow outlined departmental procedures.
- Check the daily dining room guest reservations at Reception at the beginning of each shift to establish the number of guests, if any. Fill out Chit for guest meals and return to Reception. Advise the Cook on duty.
- Ensure walking aids (walkers) are stored outside the dining room. Walkers are not to stay in the dining room unless they are safely placed and are not tripping hazards.
- Prepare tables as per facility standards.
- Serve refreshments and catered functions are assigned.
- Advise Dining Room Manager of any supplies to be ordered.
- Any other task assigned by the management.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
- Communicate through department Communication Log.
- Complete daily Meal Monitor to track Resident food comments.
- Complete tasks listed on shift routine, and Cleaning Schedules.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Be knowledgeable of and practice facility’s fire and safety programs.
- Follow up on missing residents with Reception.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 80 Landry St, Ottawa, ON K1L 0A8, Canada