Nursing - Personal Support Worker (RS)
MAPLEWOOD RETIREMENT COMMUNITY - PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER
Riverstone Retirement Communities is a locally owned and operated company offering, a highly respected, full continuum of care to it’s residents. We believe that everyone deserves to live a meaningful, engaged and joyful life. We strive to ensure our residents live comfortably and with dignity in a safe and happy environment. Riverstone offers our residents a variety of lifestyle options to best suit their needs-from independent to assisted living, including memory care.
Our valued employees work in an environment that fosters job satisfaction, respect, responsibility, loyalty and personal growth. We are looking for positive, caring team members who want to make a difference in the lives of seniors.
- Community College Health Care Attendant/Personal Support Worker Certificate or equivalent experience.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Two years or more experience, preferably in a geriatric setting;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Empathy for, and understanding of the needs of the elderly.
- Work as part of a team
- Capable of adapting to different situations and change
- Keen interest in working with seniors
- Delivered and received report at the beginning and end of each shift;
- Receives direction, assignment and evaluation of work from the RPN (charge nurse);
- Provides care with personal hygiene, dressing, bathing, etc., for each resident as assigned according to the individual care plans;
- Orders supplies from the kitchen as needed and stores supplies upon receipt;
- Sets-up, delivers and returns meal trays to residents as required, due to illness, injury or special circumstances as approved by the charge nurse;
- Reports any changes in a residents’ physical, mental or emotional conditions to the RPN (charge nurse) and/or DOC;
- Answers call bells promptly, and responds to residents needs and requests;
- Assists in the preparation and serving meals;
- Notifies shift supervisor in the event of an emergency and assists in implementing emergency interventions as delegated by the charge nurse or DOC;
- Practices infection control protocol;
- Reports all resident and staff incidents/accidents immediately to charge nurse and/or DOC;
- Records on each resident’s check list daily;
- Reports malfunctioning of equipment, repairs needed, fire hazards to front desk or charge nurse.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 340 Industrial Ave, Ottawa, ON K1G 3Z6, Canada