Food Service - Cook (Willowbend)
WILLOWBEND RETIREMENT COMMUNITY - COOK
Part-Time - $20.25/hr
Riverstone Retirement Communities is a locally owned and operated company offering, a highly respected, full continuum of care to it’s residents. We believe that everyone deserves to live a meaningful, engaged and joyful life. We strive to ensure our residents live comfortably and with dignity in a safe and happy environment. Riverstone offers our residents a variety of lifestyle options to best suit their needs-from independent to assisted living, including memory care.
Our valued employees work in an environment that fosters job satisfaction, respect, responsibility, loyalty and personal growth. We are looking for positive, caring team members who want to make a difference in the lives of seniors.
- Graduated from a reputable culinary program
- Recent Safe Food Handlers certificate issued by Public Health
- Two years or more experience in quantity food preparation and the preparation of therapeutic diets
- Familiar with Canada’s Food Guide to Healthy Eating, Hazardous Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), WHMIS, Health and Safety and Sanitation Code
- Work as part of a team;
- Capable of adapting to different situations and change;
- Keen interest in working with seniors.
- Assist FSM in preparation of food for meal assembly;
- Oversees and assists with the service of food, ensuring resident food preferences are respected;
- Ensures all dietary functions are performed in a clean, sanitary manner according to regulations;
- Assists in control of food costs and wastage;
- Assumes responsibility for routine departmental operations in the absence of the FSM including but not limited to: menu changes as necessary (ensuring these changes follow departmental procedures), staff replacements, purchase and receive food and supplies and place service calls for malfunctioning equipment, following departmental procedures;
- Monitor the quality of food supplies and proper operation of kitchen equipment, and informs FSM of any issues and recommendations concerning corrective actions;
- Recommends and institutes change in technique or procedure for more efficient operation;
- Responsible for the clear and correct labelling of the food;
- Assists in the orientation and training of new dietary personnel;
- Inspects food supplies and determines what quantities of food should be reordered and communicates this to supervisor;
- Attends in-service to better understand the dietary needs of the residents.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1980 Trim Rd, Orléans, ON K4A 4S7, Canada