Food Service - Assistant Cook (Stirling Park)
STIRLING PARK RETIREMENT COMMUNITY – ASSISTANT COOK
Casual - $15.52/hr
Riverstone Retirement Communities is a locally owned and operated company offering, a highly respected, full continuum of care to it’s residents. We believe that everyone deserves to live a meaningful, engaged and joyful life. We strive to ensure our residents live comfortably and with dignity in a safe and happy environment. Riverstone offers our residents a variety of lifestyle options to best suit their needs-from independent to assisted living, including memory care.
Our valued employees work in an environment that fosters job satisfaction, respect, responsibility, loyalty and personal growth. We are looking for positive, caring team members who want to make a difference in the lives of seniors.
- Experience in quantity food preparation
- Familiar with Canada’s Food Guide to Healthy Eating and therapeutic diets
- Ability to understand oral and written directions
- Ability to lift heavy objects, and stand and walk short distances throughout the day and to tolerate heat from the kitchen area
- Familiar with Hazardous Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), WHMIS, Health and Safety and Sanitation Code
- To receive, organize, wash, dry and store cutlery, dishes, pots, pans and other kitchen equipment in accordance with instructions and operational procedures;·
- To assist cooks or dining room staff with duties as requested;·
- To maintain floor conditions (i.e. floods, spills, grease, etc.) to ensure a safe working environment in the kitchen(s);
- Assists in the orientation and training of new dietary personnel;
- Inspects food supplies and determines what quantities of food should be reordered and communicates this to supervisor;
- Attends in-service to better understand the dietary needs of the residents;
- Attends staff meetings as required to be aware of changes in the community;
- To maintain general cleanliness of the dry goods storage area, receiving area, cooler, and garbage room;
- To prepare and serve breakfast and assist in food preparation when necessary, i.e. peel potatoes, cut fruit, wash leafy vegetables, and other tasks;
- Performs other duties and functions as required.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 310 Titan Private, Nepean, ON K2G 3K2, Canada