Director - Property Management (West)
Reporting to the Vice President, Property Management (West), the Director, Property Management (West) is a business leader responsible for the overall performance of the properties within their region and plays an integral role in achieving our business objectives.
- Lead a regional team of Property Managers overseeing the operation of a diverse portfolio of multi-residential and commercial properties in BC and Alberta, providing ongoing support and guidance with a distinct focus on customer service. The residential portfolio in BC consists of 2600 units and the commercial portfolio in BC and AB consists of approximately 5.4 million square feet.
- Maintain strong communications across all levels and departments in the organization.
- Support the development and application of consistent operational processes and procedures across the operating platform.
- Provide leadership and direction to the property managers and residential community teams, including performance, mentoring, career planning and guidance, setting and accomplishing goals.
- Ensure monthly service contracts are in place and executed as per the negotiated terms.
- Support the development and implementation of strategies that improve customer service delivery and optimize operational results, including new technology and resources.
- Contribute to the creation and execution of capital and operating budgets, including ESG initiatives.
- Assist to oversee and manage reporting requirements including monthly arrears and accruals and quarterly variance and forecast reports.
- Support Property Managers with commercial tenant improvement and landlord work, ensuring requirements are understood, followed and timelines met. Liaise with Asset Management, as necessary.
- Report on property operations, capital project execution, staffing and tenant relations.
- Assist with the preparation and review of annual performance reviews, goals setting, and compensation review.
- Support and lead in the preparation and management of regional residential market rent surveys.
- Ensure properties are compliant with all legislation, including but not limited to: Residential Tenancies Act, Labour Standards Act, Fire and other Building Codes and Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Participate in the management of Concert’s co-owned commercial and residential buildings in BC acting as an active partner with the fiscal and operational management of the portfolios with the partner/third party Manager.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- A bachelor's degree in business management or related discipline with a minimum of 8 years of progressive property management experience, accross both commercial and residential platforms, or relevant real estate operations experience. Equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both oral and written.
- Proven leadership and coaching abilities.
- High degree of personal integrity; adept at developing and sustaining co-operative working relationships.
- Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities, adaptable to change.
- Understanding of both the operational and financial aspects of property management.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office products. Yardi proficiency is an asset.
- Must have a valid BC driver’s license and a reliable vehicle available on a daily basis.
- Must have an active Property Management License with the BC Financial Services Authority.
- Ability to regularly travel to locations within BC and Alberta.
If you are interested in this role and have the necessary qualifications, please kindly forward your resume quoting the name of the position in the subject line to:
Pia Preou @ Pia.Preou@hays.com
- Job Family Concert
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 1190 Hornby St, Vancouver, BC V6Z, Canada