FT - Licensed Practical Nurse (Prince George)
The Licensed Practical Nurse, under the direction of the Program Manager, will provide nursing care to clients of the programs in accordance with the competency guideline and full scope of practice within the Standards of Practice as outlined by the British Columbia College of nurses and Midwives (BCCNM). The Licensed Practical Nurse provides clinical care, administers medications and treatments, and collaborates with healthcare providers to develop and implement care plans. The Licensed Practical Nurse will ensure the health, safety and comfort of clients by supporting their physical, emotional, and social needs. Works collaboratively with the residents and other team members to ensure that established support plans are implemented and changed as required.
Non-Union; this position is open to all genders.
40 hours per week; rotational shift schedule of 4 days (0800 - 2000), then 4 days off, and then 4 days (2000 - 0800), then 4 days off.
Overtime may be required.
- Provide nursing services, within defined scope of practice, to clients based on client assessment and care planning procedures.
- Assists clients with activities of daily living including bathing & hygiene, grooming, eating, and toileting
- Monitors clients and completes ongoing assessments of their physical and mental health
- Administers medications and injections as prescribed by the client’s healthcare provider, and maintains complete records of these activities
- Monitors clients’ vital signs, symptoms and reactions to medications or treatments
- Assists with diagnostic tests and procedures as needed
- Communicates with clients’ family/support people
- Works effectively with related agencies for effective client referrals and support
- Participates in the development, implementation and progress of client care plans
- Documents client health information, including vital signs, medication administration and progress notes
- Supports the delivery of group and individual client social and recreational activities
- Adheres to all heath care policies and procedures, including infection control and client privacy
- Contribute to the maintenance of a clean, pleasant and safe environment for clients
- Performs other related duties as required
- Functions independently, while remaining a crucial member of the care team
- Work within a social model approach
- Handle confidential / sensitive material with integrity and discretion
- Adheres to Connective policies and procedures
- Is available to work flexible hours as needed, which may include some evenings/weekends, as determined by program/client needs and schedules
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Completion of an accredited practical nursing program
- Current registration with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- Health care related experience, preferably in seniors’ care, including dementia, geriatrics and Acquired Brain Injury
- Experience in the areas of Community Living and Licensed Care
- Experience in case planning, trauma-informed care, and psychosocial rehabilitation
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Knowledge of relevant healthcare laws and regulations
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
- Ability to successfully complete a Criminal Records Check
- Ability to successfully complete reference check
- Ability to provide a record of work history
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination
- Current Emergency First Aid Certificate
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Personal transportation that is in good repair, insured for business up to $1,000,000 for liability, and which can be used to transport client
The wage range for this position is $31.91 - $36.63 per hour.
WHAT WE OFFER?
- Committed Living Wage Employer
- 2022 Canadian Nonprofit Employer of Choice Aware from NEOC
- 2023 High-Performance Culture Award from SupportingLines
- Competitive benefits package, including health, wellness, and pension plan
- Career and personal development, with the ability to grow in a diverse range of programs and departments
- Access to a range of staff mental health supports, including an in-house counsellor, Employee Family Assistance Program, and Critical Incidents Stress Management
- Access to On-Demand Pay to withdraw earned wages before payday
- Connective is part of a portability program where employees moving from a CSSEA-member employer to Connective will port their service hours for vacation and wage purposes (within last 12 months)
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
At Connective, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff have the opportunity and are supported to thrive. To build a strong and representative workforce, we strongly encourage applications from BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities or other marginalized communities.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $31.91
- Max Hiring Rate $36.63
- Prince George, BC, Canada