FT/PT Residence Worker, Mental Health (Multiple Positions Available)
Connective is a dynamic non-profit organization that provides innovative programming in the social services sector. We strive to create safe, healthy, and inclusive communities for all.
This position will provide support to residents in a home-like environment in one of our many housing programs. You will work to enhance residents' quality of life, maintain the goals of their counselling and/or rehabilitative programs, and ensure the orderly and safe operation of the facility.
HOURS (Multiple Positions Available)
- Sunday to Thursday, 0800-1600 (40 hours per week - TEMPORARY)
- Friday and Saturday, 0800-1600 AND Sunday and Monday, 1600-0000 (32 hours per week)
- Friday and Saturday, 0800-1600 AND Sunday and Monday, 1600-0000 (32 hours per week – TEMPORARY)
- Provides input to the Program Manager and/or other staff regarding the development of appropriate care plans to achieve residents’ objectives
- Ensures residents follow the terms of their residency and are aware of the rules of the facility
- Provide personal care support to clients; bathing, dressing, toileting
- Provides emotional support and feedback to residents and their families
- When assigned, participates in social, recreational, employment, educational and other programs as appropriate to assist residents’ case/care plans
- Acts as a positive role model for residents, providing life skills training and behaviour management as appropriate
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A Diploma in Social Services and one-year relevant experience is preferred; inhouse training can be provided for the right candidate
- Professional or lived experience working with vulnerable populations experiencing multiple barriers
- A demonstrated and clear ability to respond well in crisis situations
- Ability to successfully complete a Vulnerable Persons Criminal Records Check
- Ability to successfully pass a reference check
- Current Emergency First Aid Certificate
- Valid class 5 driver’s license
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination
- Personal transportation that is in good repair, insured for business up to $1,000,000 for liability, and which can be used to transport clients
As Connective is a unionized environment, the starting wage is $25.05 per hour. Plus benefits enrollment as per the Collective Agreement.
WHAT WE OFFER?
- Committed Living Wage Employer
- 2022 Canadian Nonprofit Employer of Choice Aware from NEOC
- 2023 High-Performance Culture Award from SupportingLines
- Competitive benefits package, including health, wellness, and pension plan
- Career and personal development, with the ability to grow in a diverse range of programs and departments
- Access to a range of staff mental health supports, including an in-house counsellor, Employee Family Assistance Program, and Critical Incidents Stress Management
- Access to On-Demand Pay to withdraw earned wages before payday
- Connective is part of a portability program where employees moving from a CSSEA-member employer to Connective will port their service hours for vacation and wage purposes (within last 12 months)
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
At Connective, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff have the opportunity and are supported to thrive. To build a strong and representative workforce, we strongly encourage applications from BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities or other marginalized communities.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $25.05
- Max Hiring Rate $28.75
- Coquitlam, BC, Canada