Sales - Account Executive
The Account Executive (AE) is expected develop and maintain client relationships, understand client’s business environment, strategy and identify customer business objectives or problems that can be solved with technology. The AE develops a plan to sell technology solutions to the client/prospect and leverages and coordinates all resources for successful sales execution. The AE is expected to cross-sell the array of hardware, software, cloud, and professional services our organization offers. This individual will also be required to perform the necessary sales administrative activities including use of SFDC, forecasts, deal registrations, presentations, proposals/quotes etc. Will need to maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops/training and establishing personal networks in professional societies. Typical clients to include Commercial and Public Sector accounts.
- Responsible for all sales activities in assigned accounts and achieves established sales targets annually.
- Solution selling of technology-based solutions to solve business and/or solution segment problems.
- Promotes and sells Converge’ s value proposition and solution offerings (Digital Infrastructure, Digital Workplace, Cybersecurity, Cloud, Advanced Analytics, Application Modernization, Managed and Professional service etc.) to clients and prospects.
- Drives client engagements proactively with Solutions Practices and Services teams.
- Ability to manage and drive a multi-month sales cycle and multi-million-dollar transactions.
- Develops a list of prospective clients for use as sales leads, based on information from own professional network, OEM partners, trade shows, social media websites, business directories, and other sources.
- Develops robust ongoing pipeline of business opportunities at a quantifiable three times level of quota expectation.
- Establishes and maintains current client and potential client relationships.
- Responsible for Client Satisfaction. Identifies and resolves client concerns.
- Works with OEM partners to develop a plan to approach prospective clients.
- Gains clear understanding of client business requirements.
- Educates Clients of full portfolio of solutions.
- Prepares presentations, proposals and sales contracts.
- Ability to present solutions to client executives and decision makers.
- Provide forecast updates on current opportunities and update CRM on a weekly basis.
- Build a territory plan to meet monthly and annual gross profit targets.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations as well as Converge Compliance Policies to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical and professional behaviors.
- The assigned Inside Sales team focus will be assisting in preparing quotes to your end users and the processing of resulting orders. Main activities include vendor follow up, tracking, and expediting through invoicing to ensure a positive customer experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, unless otherwise specified.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Fundamental understanding of consultative, solutions sales process.
- Strong technical and customer relationship building.
- Self-starter with excellent organizational, administrative, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to successfully work as a team and independently.
- Ability to follow through with tasks, projects, troubleshooting with minimal supervision.
- Outstanding oral, written, technical and business communication skills.
- Minimum of 10 years demonstrated outside IT solution sales experience required, selling Information Technology products and Professional Services/Managed Services.
Knowledge / Training and Certifications
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications
- Various vendor certifications as necessary
10% or as required driving to visit local customer meetings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Job Family Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 10
- Telecommute % 100
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Alberta, Canada