Business Development Manager - Cloud Platforms, Solutions Specialist
Converge Technology Solutions Corp. is a North American software-enabled, Hybrid IT Solution Provider focused on delivering industry leading solutions and services. Converge’s regional sales and services organizations deliver advanced analytics, cloud, cybersecurity, and managed services offerings to clients across various industries.
Converge supports these solutions with talent expertise and digital infrastructure offerings across all major IT vendors in the marketplace. This multi-faceted approach enables Converge to address the unique business and technology requirements for all clients in the public and private sectors. Our goal is to provide a trusted partner that brings together world-class solutions and services to help reduce costs, increase efficiency, and create competitive advantages.
Public cloud represents one of the biggest areas of growth for Converge and our clients. If you enjoy helping customers adopt transformational solutions and technologies, you will be a great candidate for our Cloud Business Development Manager position.
Cross collaboration with internal business units and effectively being able to navigate a client’s organization to create and close opportunities is key to the position. If you are that rare individual that loves technology, appreciates process, and gets excited about the art of a deal this role is perfect for you.
Position Responsibilities and Requirements:
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for driving demand for the solutions and services offering of the Cloud Platforms practice. Your day-to-day will consist of working with the client executives in your assigned region to close public cloud sales in existing account. Partner with GCP to generate new customer opportunities for Converge. Collaborate with your peers and other practices to drive the overall growth of the Cloud Platforms practice at Converge.
For this position, we are specifically looking for an individual who are experienced with the following:
- Engaging with C-Suite regarding cloud initiatives
- Have driven pipeline creation and closed public or hybrid cloud, managed or professional services opportunities.
- Selling in an overlay model where you are responsible for enabling all key selling activity to close opportunities.
- Creating new services pipeline
- Creating TCO and ROI analysis
- Building presentations & value-based pricing documents for clients
- Collaborating with solution architects, sales operations, contracts & finance, to craft complex deals.
- Supporting Marketing initiatives and client facing events
- Driving brand awareness to become the preferred partner in territory.
- Identify new Public Cloud sales plays or solutions that creates a unique value proposition over competitors.
- 5+ years of selling services.
- 3+ years active selling of AWS, GCP or Azure services or solutions
- Must have experience in building MRR book of business.
- Track record for closing complex deals with long sales cycles.
- Experience selling IaaS, PaaS, Containers or Application Modernization solutions.
- Consistently achieving defined financial targets
- Managing pipeline & maintaining an accurate forecast
- Independent thinker that can collaborate and be coached.
- Understand technical and business requirements of clients and collaborate with the extended team members to create presentations, POCs/POV and proposals.
- Job Family Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 10
- Telecommute % 100
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Ottawa, ON, Canada
- Quebec, Canada