Street Team Member - Promotions and Public Relations
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
Our culture and our people are what make us, US.
We have a passion to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Our award-winning culture is an expression of who we are, what we do, and how we thrive. Our values describe our culture in action. They outline how we achieve our goals, work together, engage with partners, and interact in our communities. At Corus, we Win Together, Think Beyond, Make it Happen, Learn Every Day and Show We Care.
Ready to join US?
Work Status: Part-time
Location: Ottawa, ON
Are you looking for an awesome job that will get you into the coolest events around the city? A job that PAYS you to hang and engage with people? A job to JUMP! start your career in media?
If you love being in social situations and love being the life of the party, then we want YOU!
Corus Radio Ottawa is searching for our next Street Team Member for an entry-level Promotions/Public Relations position.
If you have a youthful, outgoing, energetic and approachable personality and you LOVE engaging with the public both face-to-face and through social media, then we want to meet you! We’re looking for bright young people who love to work as a team, and who can get creative in on-site situations.
About the role
Reporting to the Promotions Assistant and Promotions Director, you’ll be responsible for representing our radio stations all over town while creating fun, memorable experiences for our listeners. You’ll also have the opportunity to fill roles in administration, digital and social media!
You must thrive on being the centre of attention and never be afraid of approaching people, or of having too much fun!
- Represent Corus Radio all over Ottawa and execute station appearances on the street, at events, concerts, festivals, client locations, movie premieres, etc.
- Engage with listeners and make them remember you. You’re approachable and you love talking to strangers!
- Be a social media expert, posting pics to Twitter, Instagram and Facebook from station events, concerts, on the street, etc. You should be the first person to know what’s going on!
- Promote the station and brand with a big smile! Be outgoing, enthusiastic and have fun!
- Be able to assist the digital team by sharing Corus content across social media and the creating and shooting of video!
- Be responsible, reliable and punctual. Always represent the station in a professional manner.
- Be able to fill in on reception as needed.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be available weekends/evenings/holidays.
- Must be 19 years of age or older.
- Must have a valid class “G” Ontario drivers licence and a clean driving record.
- Excellent geographic knowledge of Ottawa.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- Must thrive in a fast paced, team environment.
- Able to lift and carry equipment as required.
- Previous promotional and social media experience is an asset
Every day, we work hard to become an even more diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace that supports the well-being of our people and makes a positive difference in our communities. Want to learn more? Have a look at our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Action Plan and Sustainability Report for more information on our approach to People, Planet and Responsibility.
We want our workforce to reflect the full diversity of communities across Canada.
We are committed to providing an accessible experience for candidates of all abilities. Please let your recruiter or the hiring manager know if you require any adjustments throughout the recruitment process or email us in confidence at email@example.com.
How to Apply: If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family PD-Production
- Job Function 03-Marketing Generalists
- Pay Type Hourly