Field Advisor - HVAC - GTA West
Proudly Canadian-owned, Enercare is committed to providing the best services, solutions and advice to make customer’s homes as comfortable as they can be. With Enercare Advantage, we provide affordable clean air and water solutions for homes and workplaces. We are committed to operating in an environmentally responsible way, including keeping as much waste out of landfills as possible, and giving back to the communities where we live and work. Enercare is about putting people first by listening to our customers, continuous improvement and making our organization a destination for building people’s careers.
Come and join one of North America's largest home and commercial services and energy solutions companies! We offer comprehensive benefits, a DC Pension Plan and savings match plan. If you are passionate about joining an organization committed to delivering 5 Star Customer Service, we would love to hear from you.
Enercare has embraced a hybrid work environment for the time being as we try different options and technologies to determine what will work best for the future of our people and our organization. Join us with an open mind on the future of work!
Role: Field Advisor - HVAC
Status: Regular, Full Time
Reports to: General Manager
Business Unit: Enercare Home and Commercial Services
Department: HVAC Operations Ontario
Location: GTA West
The Field Advisor – HVAC will play an important role in developing a highly skilled and competent technical workforce that meets Enercare's business objectives and reinforces the values and beliefs of the business. This will include coaching, on-the-job training, and briefings to ensure our technical staff are able to carry out their duties safely, effectively, in compliance with all Statutory Legislations, Codes of Practice and to the customer’s satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Training and coaching field employees to support their achievement of various core performance metrics including reducing repeat calls, reducing multiple truck rolls and install quality.
- Training and coaching field employees to improve overall technical abilities and communication skills.
- Developing and cascading Field Reporting including regional repeat call and multiple truck roll reporting for General Manager, Field Manager and monthly technical team talk review.
- Accountable for the design, development, and delivery of technical and sales training to the required standard, within budget and on schedule, ensuring the development needs of field staff are met.
- Acting as a mentor for Apprentices, reviewing and updating apprentice core competency tracker.
- Developing and promote best practices (technical and non-technical) for the field.
- Partnering with Technical Trainers, Technical Support, Quality Assurance, Health & Safety, Marketing and Operational Line Management on training requirements.
- Attending Patch, OHS&E and Field Manager meetings to communicate trends and weaknesses.
- Participating in TSSA incident investigations as required.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of Statutory Regulations, Codes of Practice, and Procedures.
- Completely daily site visits and site visit documentation.
- Auditing of field service and install work.
- Gas Fitter 1 or 2 license and 313D or A certification.
- Must have valid driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract maintained.
- Detailed knowledge of Statutory Regulations, Codes of Practice, and Procedures.
- Detailed knowledge of HVAC equipment and requirements.
- Minimum 2 years of previous HVAC field experience.
- Sound knowledge of human performance, adult learning principles, organizational development, instructional systems design, and research techniques.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and coaching skills.
- Highly self-motivated, work with minimum supervision, and effectively plan / organize own work.
- Results oriented, achieving high levels of individual and team performance.
- Ability to conduct assessments, and provide feedback, coaching and training.
- Ability to analyze and problem solve.
- Ability to effectively use various computer information and communication systems.
- Committed to promoting technical excellence.
- Committed to delivering exceptional customer service to promote high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to travel.
Enercare is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, pregnancy, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law. Enercare’s recruitment process includes accommodation for applicants with disabilities in accordance with applicable provincial accessibility laws and regulations. All accommodations will take into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability and are available upon request.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Hamilton, ON, Canada
- Mississauga, ON, Canada
- Rexdale, Etobicoke, ON, Canada