Proudly Canadian-owned, Enercare is committed to providing the best services, solutions and advice to make customer’s homes as comfortable as they can be. With Enercare Advantage, we provide affordable clean air and water solutions for homes and workplaces. We are committed to operating in an environmentally responsible way, including keeping as much waste out of landfills as possible, and giving back to the communities where we live and work. Enercare is about putting people first by listening to our customers, continuous improvement and making our organization a destination for building people’s careers.
Come and join one of North America's largest home and commercial services and energy solutions companies! We offer comprehensive benefits, a DC Pension Plan and savings match plan. If you are passionate about joining an organization committed to delivering 5 Star Customer Service, we would love to hear from you.
Enercare has embraced a hybrid work environment for the time being as we try different options and technologies to determine what will work best for the future of our people and our organization. Join us with an open mind on the future of work!
Role: Financial Analyst
Status: Full-Time, Regular
Department: Finance - Accounting
Reports to: Senior Financial Analyst, Accounting
Location: Birchmount Office
This individual will be mainly responsible for the day to day transactions revolving around fixed asset management in addition to various accounting functions including month end close, reconciliations, documentation, process improvement etc. The position will directly interact regularly with other team members in finance, operations, tax, corporate reporting and external & internal audit. In addition, this individual will have exposure to adhoc project work that will allow them to directly work with the project team and present findings to finance management. The team operates in a dynamic environment and areas of focus/responsibility will periodically change to ensure individuals remain challenged and understand all aspects of the business.
- Prepare monthly fixed asset files for capitalization
- Ability to work comfortably with large data sets in Excel
- Experience in preparation of monthly journal entries under tight month-end deadlines
- Analyze assigned financial accounts on a monthly basis and prepare corresponding account reconciliations
- Prepare quarterly financial statements and commentary
- Prepare fixed asset continuity schedules and explain month over month movement
- Provide meaningful analysis and sensible commentary on month-over-month financial results on a monthly basis
- Provide supplementary & ad-hoc reporting / analysis as required
- Identify process improvements for existing month-end close process & reconciliations, execute and deliver the same
- Provide required information and explanation to auditors during interim and year-end audit
- Prepare selected supplementary schedules and analysis for financial statements
- Partner with various individuals within finance and the business to improve control and efficiency
- Assist in the creation and implementation of Policy and Procedures to enhance Internal Controls
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
- Project work as required
- Professional accounting designation or working towards a designation.
- Minimum 1-3 years of accounting / finance experience
- Detail oriented and strong analytical skills
- Experience in working with asset management
- Demonstrates a commitment to improvement, & provide / implement recommendations
- Strong organizational & time management skills
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated team player
- Strong / Advanced Excel skills
- Strong MS Access, SQL, experience with databases and data reporting/analytics would be an asset
- Experience with SAP an asset
- Ability to meet tight reporting deadlines
Enercare is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, pregnancy, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law. Enercare’s recruitment process includes accommodation for applicants with disabilities in accordance with applicable provincial accessibility laws and regulations. All accommodations will take into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability and are available upon request.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- 7400 Birchmount Rd, Markham, ON L3R 5V4, Canada