Senior Manager - Data Strategy & Analytics
Proudly Canadian-owned, Enercare is committed to providing the best services, solutions and advice to make customer’s homes as comfortable as they can be. With Enercare Advantage, we provide affordable clean air and water solutions for homes and workplaces. We are committed to operating in an environmentally responsible way, including keeping as much waste out of landfills as possible, and giving back to the communities where we live and work. Enercare is about putting people first by listening to our customers, continuous improvement and making our organization a destination for building people’s careers.
Come and join one of North America's largest home and commercial services and energy solutions companies! We offer comprehensive benefits, a DC Pension Plan and savings match plan. If you are passionate about joining an organization committed to delivering 5 Star Customer Service, we would love to hear from you.
Enercare has embraced a hybrid work environment for the time being as we try different options and technologies to determine what will work best for the future of our people and our organization. Join us with an open mind on the future of work!
Role: Senior Manager, Data Strategy & Analytics
Reports to: Director, Data Strategy & Analytics
Status: Full Time, Regular
Division: Enercare Home and Commercial Services
Location: Markham (Hybrid)
Reporting to Director, Data Strategy & Analytics, you will play a key role in a highly visible team within the organization to advance our business as we execute our data strategy. Partnering with various lines of business, the Senior Manager, Data Strategy & Analytics will provide leadership and guidance to drive business values, enhance data analytics, understand the complexity of business operations, and help leverage the data to develop comprehensive reporting solutions, incl. Dashboards, harmonized KPIs, other value driven analytics.
As part of the team, you will empower business partners to further enhance customer experience, increase revenues and improve operational efficiencies.
- Lead a diverse team of data analystsand developers to deliver quality analysis, interpretation of findings and clear articulation of results and insights to internal business partners
- Help develop data strategy and business architecture roadmap and guide its implementation
- Lead high-profile and time-sensitive analyses with decision-grade executive-ready quality
- Present to executive team as required
- Conceive and deliver scenario simulations and other data products to inform business and operational decision-making process
- Ensure data products and codes released by the team all have completed and up-to-date documentations available to internal stakeholders
- Curate relevant internal and external data sources and maintain data quality for advanced analytics
- Lead hands-on sessions in prioritizing user-stories, designing analytical approaches, running experiments, and assessing data product performance
- Lead by example to leverage design- and system-thinking concepts with an agile mindset to create and deploy incremental, viable data products by leveraging tools available in-house and in the open-source ecosystems
- Stay current on emerging trends in trusted data, cognitive analytics, and other relevant community publications
- Mentor team and participate in continuous self-learning
- Support and evolve the Advanced Analytics and Data Management capabilities towards empowering citizen data scientists in the business
- Create compelling, meaningful, and memorable messaging and presentations to address business questions (both written and verbal)
- Foster effective and emphatic partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to collaborate and achieve common goals
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years management experience required with demonstrated success building, developing and leading a high performing team
- 5+ years of professional experience in analytics environment with proven value creation outcomes
- 5-7 years of professional experience with SQL and/or Python
- 5-7 years of professional experience with PBI and Azure
- 3-5+ years of experience leading and delivery enterprise-scale data strategy projects and facilitating collaboration across teams
- Experience in modeling and analysis including machine learning, statistical analysis, operations research, management science and data mining
- Experience in problem solving and analytical skills to develop creative, unique and pragmatic approaches and solutions to address complex problems
- Effective communication and influencing skills to convey complex conceptual information and ideas on complex issues involving extensive analyses and interpretations
- Excellent interpersonal skills (verbal and written) and high emotional intelligence with the ability to get things done by influence
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
- Capable of owning an initiative and working with minimal direction; self-starter even when assignments are vague or undefined
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities and drive projects to completion
- Business domain knowledge in one or more of the following: Sales and Marketing, Product Development and Product Management, Call Center Operations, Billing and Collections, Accounting and Finance, Field, Supply Chain Operations
- Experience in SFDC (Salesforce), SFMC (Marketing Cloud) and IFS is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Master in an analytical discipline such as: mathematics, applied science and engineering, computer science, management analytics, data science preferred
Enercare is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, pregnancy, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law. Enercare’s recruitment process includes accommodation for applicants with disabilities in accordance with applicable provincial accessibility laws and regulations. All accommodations will take into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability and are available upon request.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- 7400 Birchmount Rd, Markham, ON L3R 5V4, Canada