Haul Truck Operator - CNUL site
Under the direction of the Team Lead, the Haul Truck Operator is responsible for the operations of equipment in a safe, productive, and efficient manner according to the scope of the project and the work being performed. The operator will also keep clean and maintain the equipment and comply with all policies and procedures in the operation and securement of the equipment. This is a safety-sensitive position that requires completion of pre-employment/pre-access testing. In addition, this position may require the successful completion of client training and a competency assessment.
- Operate a mining truck/off-highway truck to move earth or other materials during mining related activities in a safe, productive, and efficient manner from one location to another.
- Conduct pre-operational and post-operational checks on equipment, keep equipment clean, and perform any basic maintenance or troubleshooting as required.
- Accept instructions from the Team Lead and/or Shift Supervisor as directed, and adjust work and strategy according to changing conditions, policies, and procedures as needed.
- Participate in toolbox meetings, provide suggestions for improvement and safety.
- Advise Team Lead or Shift Supervisor of any required maintenance or repairs of the equipment.
- Maintain a safe disposition at all times, ensure the safety of the client site and more importantly, the safety of fellow personnel/drivers. Report all incidents to the Team Leader and Supervisor, freeze the scene as required.
- Comply with all policies, procedures, and requirements as laid out by the client at all times while on the worksite.
- Perform any related and/or additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Experience on Caterpillar 785 or 797 is required
- Previous experience with mining trucks, off-highway trucks, and articulated trucks are an asset.
- Oil and Gas industry experience is considered an asset
- Retention of a valid class five (5) driver’s license and clean three (3) drivers abstract is required
- Valid CSO or BSO or combination of CSTS and OSSA is required
- Ability to speak, write and read English is required
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is required
- College or industry courses in heavy equipment operating is considered an asset
- Ability to take direction and carry out instructions with occasional conflicting priorities and changes on short-notice is required.
- Strong commitment to safety, including personal safety, safety of co-workers, and the protection of FMGOC and client’s property in accordance and compliance with company practices, industry standards, and government regulations.
- Moderate understanding of vehicles, heavy equipment, basic maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
This is a full-time position located north of Fort McMurray on CNUL Site.
Work schedule is 7 on 7 off schedule; days and nights. 11.5 hours per day. (Must be eligible to work on CNUL site)
NOTE: Flights and Camp are available from Edmonton and Calgary ONLY.
What we offer:
- Company matching pension plan
- 100% Company paid group benefits including Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Dependent Life, Critical Illness, LTD, Health, Dental, Employee and Family Assistance Program, and a Health Spending Account.
- Highly competitive salaries
- Safe working conditions
- The opportunity to make a difference: Rewarding and engaging atmosphere where you will see your contribution at work and be encouraged to grow in your career.
- Work-life balance: We know our people have places to go, people to see and good times to have and we support that!
- Job Family CNRL_120-EMB
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fort McMurray, AB, Canada