Corporate Development Associate (On Site)
G3 Canada Limited is a progressive and continuously growing company. As part of our commitment of building a smarter path from Farmer’s fields to the global market, we are establishing a highly efficient coast to coast Canadian Grain enterprise designed to provide a unique competitive alternative to farmers and superior service to customers and stakeholders. The integrity and resourcefulness of our people are the foundation of that commitment.
Job Title: Corporate Development Associate (On Site)
Location: Head Office – Winnipeg
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Development, the Corporate Development Associate is responsible for detailed financial analysis as it relates to both organic growth and M&A opportunities, producing formal presentations and overviews for senior management, assisting in the budgeting and business planning process, and performing high-level industry and macroeconomic research. The Corporate Development Associate will work closely with the finance, trading, operations, and logistics teams, and internal and external stakeholders to perform their role. They will bring a strong analytical background and strong communication skills, as well as a team-focused mindset to the role.
- Perform detailed financial analysis as it relates to organic growth and M&A opportunities, including returns and valuation analysis.
- Produce formal written documents with updates-on and conclusions-of corporate development initiatives and projects for use by senior management.
- Administer the business planning process, including leading the development and maintenance of long term financial models, analyzing and tracking key trends in the industry and business, and participating in corporate initiatives with other senior leaders.
- Assist with the due diligence of potential acquisitions and/or expansion initiatives and large capital projects.
- Prepare both quantitative and qualitative reports on specific investment opportunities for senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Conduct industry research to identify key trends/opportunities/risks, and incorporate findings into strategic plans.
- Build and maintain relationships between the corporate development team and internal and external stakeholders.
- Complete special projects at the direction of the Director, Corporate Development and Executive Team.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Business Administration, with a major in Finance or Accounting.
- Preference given to candidates who have completed or are pursuing professional. designations such as a CFA, CBV, or CA, or a relevant finance-related Masters degree
- Two to five years of experience in a financial analysis role, including detailed financial modelling and analysis, detailed written reports, detailed industry and company research, and working in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
If you are looking for a flexible work-life balance, a competitive salary and benefits package and an opportunity to grow your career, G3 will give you this opportunity. Join our diverse team of talented professionals!
G3 is committed to providing a safe and respectful work environment, and to supporting the success of employees throughout the organization. We encourage women, indigenous people, people with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply and self-identify.
- Pay Type Salary
- Head Office, 200 Portage Avenue, 3rd Floor, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada