Genoa Design International is currently recruiting for Electrical Designers to join our Team!
Ready to spark the next generation of marine vessels with your end-to-end electrical system design capabilities? We’re looking for a lightning rod of talent who’s switched on to tackling complex electrical design problems with creativity and ingenuity. If that sounds like you, then ‘watt’ are you waiting for?
WHO WE ARE
Genoa Design International has been providing production design and 3D modeling services to shipbuilding and offshore industries from here in Newfoundland and Labrador since 1995. In that time, we’ve become one of the most sought-after production design firms in the North American shipbuilding market.
With collaboration as the cornerstone of our work, we approach every day with a focus on our core values: Put People First, Create Lasting Relationships, Make a Difference, Own It, Live Well, and Never Stand Still. Our customers tell us that our employees’ everyday demonstration of our values sets Genoa apart from competitors.
With a team of designers, engineers, naval architects, administrators, and technical support staff dispersed between locations, Genoa provides expertise and dedicated support throughout the shipbuilding process. Currently, Genoa is active in major government initiatives such as Canada’s National Shipbuilding Strategy (NSS) and in commercial contracts in shipyards throughout North America.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Designer, with a focus in Electrical, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create and modify complex models of electrical systems, fabrication drawings and drafting support according to project scope for structure and distributive systems.
- Update drawings from mark-ups and red lines.
- Ensure a level of quality control for project work in accordance with Genoa’s quality management system.
- Compliance of all regulatory standards, classification rules (DNV, Lloyds/GL, etc), design guidelines, and client specific standards.
- Interpret technical, detail design, and construction drawings related to the 3D model structural design and/or distributed systems.
- Review and coordinate vendor design documents review to ensure compliance to design requirements.
- Assist with Preparation of Change Orders and assist with implementation of Changes.
- Utilizing cable routing software to auto route cable in model.
- Produce and verify cable pull and termination sheets.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
- Technical diploma or degree in a related discipline (naval architecture, marine engineering systems design; mechanical, HVAC or electrical design) or equivalent combination of education and technical experience.
- Marine design experience in related discipline, either electrical, distributed/marine systems, or a combination.
- Understanding of basic discipline concepts, and knowledge of discipline principals.
- Experience working directly with regulatory bodies and classification societies.
- Experience with 3D product models for new ship construction &/or refit projects.
- Experience with CMPIC or other cable management software.
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD and ShipConstructor is considered an asset.
- Experience in the use of AVEVA, Cadmatic, Foran or other ship design software would be an asset.
- Exposure to a shipyard or production environment is an asset.
- Exposure in creating cable pull and termination sheets.
- Ability to read and interpret technical specifications and drawings.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet project deadlines and problem solve.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
We’re making waves! Genoa’s powerhouse is our people who are both passionate about our projects and motivated to deliver superior results. The Genoa formula is simple: Put People First. Drive the 3D Model. And never, ever stand still. Our quest for quality and continuous improvement is at the heart of all we do.
At Genoa, we take caring for our people seriously! We’re committed to creating and maintaining a 5-star workplace. Here are some of the ways we keep the pep in our step:
- Attractive compensation package.
- RRSP matching program.
- Comprehensive group insurance plan and EFAP program.
- Vacation and discretionary days.
BUT WAIT … THERE’S MORE
- A flexible work schedule.
- Modern, yet comfortable office space.
- Engaging team building activities.
- An employee wellness program to spend on whatever makes you happy.
- A minimum of 8 volunteer hours each year to support causes that matter to you and community engagement opportunities.
- An outstanding commitment to training, development, career growth & opportunity with our award-winning in-house Academy; offering advanced technical training along with the diverse soft skills needed to stay ahead of the curve and confident in your role.
EMBRACING A SEA OF DIFFERENCES
At Genoa Design, we strive to create a supportive and inclusive environment and are committed to ensuring that our people feel comfortable to be their truest selves at work. This commitment is built into our core values and our passion to embrace a person’s unique abilities, strengths, and differences.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to building a diverse team and promoting a sense of belonging. We achieve this through encouraging our people to voice their ideas and opinions, celebrating one another’s contributions, and engaging with the communities in which we live and industries we serve.
We know it’s rare for someone to meet 100% of the qualifications and you don’t need all the listed credentials to add incredible value to the team. We also know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting amazing candidates like you. If you are an initiative-taking individual and are prepared to meet the tasks as outlined above, apply in strictest confidence today!
Please submit your application through Genoa’s careers webpage: https://genoadesign.com/careers/
If you require assistance, please email your request to email@example.com and we would be happy to assist!
- Pay Type Hourly
- 15 Dundee Ave, Mount Pearl, NL A1N 4R6, Canada
- Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
- North Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Nova Scotia, Canada