Manufacturing Information Designer
Are you looking for a rewarding career in the unique industry of shipbuilding? Do you want to work for a well-managed company that puts people first? If you are looking for a career that is more about making a life than simply making a living, then come aboard the Genoa team!
WHO WE ARE
Genoa Design International has been providing production design and 3D modeling services to shipbuilding and offshore industries from here in Newfoundland and Labrador since 1995. In that time, we’ve become one of the most sought-after production design firms in the North American shipbuilding market.
With collaboration as the cornerstone of our work, we approach every day with a focus on our core values: Put People First, Create Lasting Relationships, Make a Difference, Own It, Live Well, and Never Stand Still. Our customers tell us that our employees’ everyday demonstration of our values sets Genoa apart from competitors.
With a team of designers, engineers, naval architects, administrators, and technical support staff dispersed between locations, Genoa provides expertise and dedicated support throughout the shipbuilding process. Currently, Genoa is active in major government initiatives such as Canada’s National Shipbuilding Strategy (NSS) and in commercial contracts in shipyards throughout North America.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Designer with our Production Design and Manufacturing Information team, responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Produce drawings and documentation that the skilled trades and planners need to build the next generation of vessels in North America.
- Identify issues in the design that will impact both production and function.
- Ensure products meet the highest of standards for quality.
- Work as a part of a multi discipline team to meet customer demands.
- Jump in and help out when someone needs assistance.
- Work to and live our Genoa Core Values.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
- Technical background, preferably from a recognized technical school (naval architecture, marine engineering systems design; mechanical, HVAC or electrical design) or equivalent combination of education and technical experience.
- Experience producing production information (Shop Drawings) for fabrication.
- Experience in the use of one or more of the following, AutoCAD, Ship Constructor, AVEVA, Cadmatic, Foran or other ship design or Computer Aided Drafting software.
- Ability to read and interpret technical specifications, design drawings, and/or shipyard standards.
- Proven ability to learn quickly and solve problems, meet project deadlines and pivot in a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
- Proven ability to work as a part of a team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
NICE TO HAVE
- Shipyard or shipboard experience. If you’ve sailed on, or built ocean going vessels, you are already on the right path.
- Experience with 3D product models for new ship construction &/or refit projects.
- Training or experience in Lean Manufacturing or similar continuous improvement strategy.
- Experience with regulatory standards and classification rules (DNV, Lloyds/GL, etc).
- Experience in Human Systems Integration.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
We’re making waves! Genoa’s powerhouse is our people who are both passionate about our projects and motivated to deliver superior results. The Genoa formula is simple: Put People First. Drive the 3D Model. And never, ever stand still. Our quest for quality and continuous improvement is at the heart of all we do.
Here are some of the ways we keep the pep in our step:
- Attractive compensation and leave benefits package.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Modern, yet comfortable office space.
- Engaging team building activities.
- Rewards and recognition for a job-well done.
- An outstanding commitment to training and development.
EMBRACING A SEA OF DIFFERENCES
At Genoa Design, we strive to create a supportive and inclusive environment and are committed to ensuring that our people feel comfortable to be their truest selves at work. This commitment is built into our core values and our passion to embrace a person’s unique abilities, strengths, and differences.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to building a diverse team and promoting a sense of
belonging. We achieve this through encouraging our people to voice their ideas and opinions, celebrating one another’s contributions, and engaging with the communities in which we live and industries we serve.
We know it’s rare for someone to meet 100% of the qualifications and you don’t need all the listed credentials to add incredible value to the team. We also know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting amazing candidates like you. If you are an initiative-taking individual and are prepared to complete the tasks as outlined above, apply in strictest confidence today!
Please submit your application through Genoa’s careers webpage: https://genoadesign.com/careers/
If you require assistance in completing your application or need any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to assist!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $23.75
- Max Hiring Rate $60.00
- 900 Bayou Casotte Pkwy, Pascagoula, MS 39581, USA
- Alberta, Canada
- Florida, USA
- Halifax, NS, Canada
- Louisiana, USA
- Mount Pearl, NL, Canada
- Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
- North Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Nova Scotia, Canada
- Ontario, Canada
- Pennsylvania, USA
- Quebec, Canada
- United States
- Washington, DC, USA