Are you looking for a rewarding career in the unique industry of shipbuilding? Do you want to work for a well-managed company that puts people first? If you are looking for a career that is more about making a life than simply making a living, then come aboard the Genoa team!
WHO WE ARE
Genoa Design International has been providing production design and 3D modeling services to shipbuilding and offshore industries from here in Newfoundland and Labrador since 1995. In that time, we’ve become one of the most sought-after production design firms in the North American shipbuilding market.
With collaboration as the cornerstone of our work, we approach every day with a focus on our core values: Put People First, Create Lasting Relationships, Make a Difference, Own It, Live Well, and Never Stand Still. Our customers tell us that our employees’ everyday demonstration of our values sets Genoa apart from competitors.
With a team of designers, engineers, naval architects, administrators, and technical support staff dispersed between locations, Genoa provides expertise and dedicated support throughout the shipbuilding process. Currently, Genoa is active in major government initiatives such as Canada’s National Shipbuilding Strategy (NSS) and in commercial contracts in shipyards throughout North America.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As a Project Planner, you will be responsible for:
- Lead in developing and maintaining project schedule(s) with Project Managers and inputs from stakeholders including Engineering, Business Development, subcontractors, and clients.
- Identify and report activities that could have an impact on schedules.
- Ensure project schedule activities are assigned to the project work breakdown structure for Cost/Schedule integration and analysis.
- Define and optimize critical paths, perform total float analysis, and notify project team of status of critical activities and schedule risks.
- Liaise with project team regarding scheduling activities and assisting them in determining schedule priorities.
- Perform schedule risk analysis (gather data, input data, analyze, report) periodically or as required.
- Provide support on development of project cost expenditure forecast curves.
- Provide recommendations for corrective action due to delays in certain aspects of the project; and
- Support other project administrative duties as needed.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED IN YOUR TOOLKIT
- Proven competency as a project planner, including a strong understanding of resource loading, schedule risk analysis, finance reporting and earned value management.
- Minimum of four years' experience in engineering or construction environment as a project planner.
- Knowledge of a PM scheduling software such as MS Project or Primavera P6 as well as MS Software (Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Power Bi).
- Work well under pressure, meet multiple and sometimes competing deadlines; remain flexible, resourceful, and efficient.
- Proven ability to work with a team to sustain and improve project performance.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with diverse groups such as customers, vendors, and officials at all levels.
- Quality focused with an attention to detail.
- Handle multiple priorities with independence and good judgment; and
- Knowledge of a shipyard production environment would be an asset.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING WITH US
We’re making waves! Genoa’s powerhouse is our people who are both passionate about our projects and motivated to deliver superior results. The Genoa formula is simple: Put People First. Drive the 3D Model. And never, ever stand still. Our quest for quality and continuous improvement is at the heart of all we do.
Here are some of the ways we keep the pep in our step:
- Attractive compensation package.
- RRSP matching program.
- Comprehensive group insurance plan and EFAP program.
- Vacation and discretionary days.
BUT WAIT … THERE’S MORE
- A flexible work schedule.
- Modern, yet comfortable office space.
- Engaging in team building activities.
- Rewards and recognition for a job well done.
- An employee wellness program to spend on whatever makes you happy.
- A minimum of 8 volunteer hours each year too.
- An outstanding commitment to training, development, career growth.
EMBRACING A SEA OF DIFFERENCES
At Genoa Design, we strive to create a supportive and inclusive environment and are committed to ensuring that our people feel comfortable to be their truest selves at work. This commitment is built into our core values and our passion to embrace a person’s unique abilities, strengths, and differences.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is dedicated to building a diverse team and promoting a sense of belonging. We achieve this through encouraging our people to voice their ideas and opinions, celebrating one another’s contributions, and engaging with the communities in which we live and industries we serve.
We know it’s rare for someone to meet 100% of the qualifications and you don’t need all the listed credentials to add incredible value to the team. We also know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting amazing candidates like you. If you are an initiative-taking individual and are prepared to complete the tasks as outlined above, apply in strictest confidence today!
Please submit your application through Genoa’s careers webpage: https://genoadesign.com/careers/
If you require assistance in completing your application or need any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please email your request to email@example.com and we would be happy to assist!
- Pay Type Salary
- 15 Dundee Ave, Mount Pearl, NL A1N 4R6, Canada