As a member of the Facilities Management team, the HVAC Mechanic is responsible for the
daily ongoing and preventative maintenance of building boiler and HVAC systems. This includes
daily tracking of maintenance plans for the individual properties owned and managed by
Responsibilities will include, at a minimum the following:
• Servicing boiler rooms and multi-unit residential HVAC systems;
• Troubleshooting systems;
• Monitoring cost estimates and quality control of the work to ensure high standards are
• Maintaining and monitoring boiler controls;
• Completing scheduled preventative maintenance and inspections of buildings,
mechanical systems, and equipment
• Recording readings and observations including boiler readings, BHW readings, supply
and recirculation pumps;
• Coordinating with contractors and monitoring work progress;
• Performing and interpreting combustion analysis;
• Logging of mechanical, electrical or other issues, including the completion of daily logs;
• Maintaining the cleanliness and organization of all electrical, mechanical, and work
areas, as well as supply and storage areas, and
• Performing other related duties as necessary.
• G2 Gas Technician license required
• Must have a minimum of 3 years of commercial and high-rise residential experience
• Plumbing experience is an asset
• Strong knowledge of heating boilers and water heaters
• Working knowledge of all necessary mechanical equipment including; PRV, expansion
tanks, water valves, circulators, air separation, etc.
• Familiarity with hydronic heating system piping and components
• Effective communication in both verbal and written English
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to travel to sites throughout Southwestern Ontario and audit maintenance items
• Must have a clean driver’s abstract
InterRent REIT (TSX:IIP.UN), along with CLV Group, have redefined what a property management and multi-family real estate company can be. Backed by 50 years of experience in the industry, we have become market leaders in real estate, property management, acquisitions and new development in our core markets which include the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area, Ottawa, Montréal and Vancouver.
We love our business – and we’re good at it. It doesn’t take long to learn why we’re different. From regular team events to philanthropic initiatives, we are proud investors in our community and in our teams. It’s why we love what we do and who we do it with. Learn what it’s like to be excited to go to work every day!
Perks and Rewards for You
We offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes a competitive salary, paid vacation, paid sick days and an employer paid health plan with family coverage. We have leaders who coach and support your professional development, offer opportunities for career progression, and encourage learning. Our recognition program highlights team as well as individual achievements. Through team and individual contests, charity, social and corporate events our work life offers something for everyone!
InterRent is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). We will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations, please notify us at email@example.com, and we will work with you to meet your needs. Every accommodation request will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. We appreciate your interest in exploring an opportunity with us.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Burlington, ON, Canada
- Mississauga, ON, Canada
- Oakville, ON, Canada