Contract - Legal Assistant
As part of the legal team, the Legal Assistant will report to the in-house legal counsel and provide legal and administrative assistance while participating in the delivery of a full range of legal and administrative support services.
Responsibilities will include, at a minimum:
• Assisting in-house legal counsel in completing complex real estate transactions and corporate commercial matters;
• Identifying and analyzing legal and administrative information on various issues;
• Preparing, proofreading and/or editing electronic and print correspondence, reports, contracts in accordance with normal legal standards;
• Corresponding and liaising with both internal and external parties regarding a variety of issues (either legal or administrative in nature);
• Performing basic legal research, locating and retrieving information by using a variety of databases;
• Maintaining legal files, organizing, reviewing, and maintaining general knowledge of issues in accordance with legal practice standards, and
• Other related duties as assigned.
• Graduate of Legal Clerk program or one year of professional work experience in Real Estate law
• Knowledge of Teraview and Conveyancer
• Familiarity with Cyberbahn is desired but not a mandatory
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Familiarity with commercial real estate is deemed an asset
• Effective relationship building and communication skills
• Must be very well organized and detail oriented
InterRent REIT (TSX:IIP.UN), along with CLV Group, have redefined what a property management and multi-family real estate company can be. Backed by 50 years of experience in the industry, we have become market leaders in real estate, property management, acquisitions and new development in our core markets which include the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area, Ottawa, Montréal and Vancouver.
We love our business – and we’re good at it. It doesn’t take long to learn why we’re different. From regular team events to philanthropic initiatives, we are proud investors in our community and in our teams. It’s why we love what we do and who we do it with. Learn what it’s like to be excited to go to work every day!
Perks and Rewards for You
We offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes a competitive salary, paid vacation, paid sick days and an employer paid health plan with family coverage. We have leaders who coach and support your professional development, offer opportunities for career progression, and encourage learning. Our recognition program highlights team as well as individual achievements. Through team and individual contests, charity, social and corporate events our work life offers something for everyone!
Only selected candidates will be contacted. We appreciate your interest in exploring an opportunity with us.
- Pay Type Salary
- Ottawa, ON, Canada