Finance Manager – Full-time
Position Description: Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will play a crucial role in overseeing the financial operations of Flourish, ensuring that sound financial practices contribute to the success of our daily operations and client projects. Being an expert in financial analysis, budgeting, and forecasting will be instrumental in supporting our mission. Your general accounting experience will enable you to provide guidance to daily operations and inform senior management's decision making.
About Indwell: We are a Christian charity that creates affordable housing communities that support people seeking health, wellness and belonging. Flourish, is a social purpose non-profit real estate development company, founded by Indwell. At Flourish, we assist communities to achieve socially compelling, aesthetically beautiful, and financially viable affordable and supportive housing projects.
Hours: Full time, 40-hour week with flexibility as required. Primarily weekdays although hours are variable based on program needs. Remote work flexibility up to 40% of hours.
Location: Office- 111-1429 Main St. E., Hamilton ON
- Set goals and establish work plans for the financial and data management of Flourish operations, as aligned to Flourish’s strategic plan and operational evolution.
- Financial Management
- Develop and implement financial policies, procedures, and controls to ensure compliance with accounting standards, regulations, and funding requirements.
- Oversee all financial aspects of the organization, including financial planning and projecting, budgeting, cash flow management, and financial reporting.
- Perform financial analysis and provide recommendations to optimize financial performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Monitor and analyze (client) project budgets, expenses, and revenue streams to ensure cost-effectiveness and adherence to financial goals.
- Maintain accurate financial records and documentation in accordance with legal and auditing requirements.
- Processes accounts receivables and accounts payables pertaining to the organization. This includes invoicing clients per contract details and timelines.
- Reconcile general ledger, prepare and file HST returns.
- In collaboration with the Operations Manager oversee service agreements and contracts between Flourish and clients.
- Engage and assist Indwell in preparing for annual audit process.
- Time tracking analysis, productivity metrics and managing staff reimbursements claims.
- Operating Budget and Forecasting
- Prepare annual budgets in collaboration with the Flourish Team including project managers and other stakeholders, ensuring alignment with organizational goals and objectives.
- Monitor budget performance throughout the year, analyze variances monthly, and provide timely reports to management and the Board of Directors.
- Prepare regular financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements, and present findings to management and the Flourish Board of Directors.
- Conduct financial forecasting and modeling to support strategic decision-making and long-term financial planning to management and the Board of Directors.
- Financial Reporting & Analysis
- Develop financial dashboards and key performance indicators (KPIs) to track and communicate financial performance effectively.
- Advise on financial risks, opportunities, or other perspectives that may impact operations based on analysis of information.
- Develop and maintain highly effective relationships and communication with funders, lenders, and others supporting our work.
- Team and Collaboration
- Promote and demonstrate the organization’s vision, mission and values within the workplace and the community.
- Participate in staff meetings, professional development activities, and organizational functions.
- Work in conjunction with the Finance Operations Assistant.
- Client Work
- Co-create pro-formas for development and construction projects, including building financial models with up-to-date assumptions and forecasted expenditures and other metrics as applicable.
- Visualize these models, data and outputs for project staff and/clients with the intent to drive insight and clarity.
- Review and co-create proposals in response to procurements processes (i.e. requests for proposals) and review contracts upon successful award.
- Lead the application process for debt financing and capital grants with federal, regional, municipal and other funders. Collaborate with credit analysts to move applications for debt financing and capital grants through various stages such as Letter of Intent ("LOI"), term sheet and loan agreement ("LA").
- Ensure that loan monitoring reports and other required documentation are met in the proper time frames and constitute the information required by funders/institutions to draw on capital.
- Support business development through financial viability reviews.
Education: Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field. A master's degree or professional certifications (e.g., CPA, CFA) are desirable.
- Proven work experience as a Finance Manager, ideally within the affordable housing or real estate development industry.
- In-depth knowledge of financial management principles, budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis techniques.
- Familiarity with affordable housing financing programs, grants, tax credits, and public funding is highly desirable.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and practices, including GAAP and financial reporting standards.
- Proficient in financial modeling, analysis, and the use of financial software applications.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex financial data and present clear, actionable recommendations.
- Strong leadership and team management abilities, with a track record of successfully leading and developing finance teams.
- Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy, and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Yardi property management accounting software an asset.
- Knowledge of construction accounting / finance is a requirement.
- Knowledge of job costing or a job cost module within an accounting software is essential.
- Must hold a valid G class driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle.
Salary: $63,100 to $78,400 annual salary based on education and experience. Indwell offers a competitive benefits package and RRSP contribution.
To Apply: Please apply with cover letter and resume to our website: www.indwell.ca/careers. We thank all applicants; however, only applicants that are being considered will be contacted.
Personal information submitted will be used only for employment opportunities within Indwell in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Indwell’s Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Indwell exists to provide hope and homes for all. Our supports, services, and employment are open to people from every creed, race, ethnicity, sex, ability, sexual orientation, and gender identity. Indwell’s leadership are motivated by the example of Jesus Christ as reflected in Indwell’s statement of faith. Indwell engages with diverse communities; we actively identify and remove barriers that prevent people from accessing and participating in our services and organization.
- Pay Type Salary
- 1429 Main St E, Hamilton, ON L8K 1C2, Canada