Forklift Operator - Nights
Exciting Warehouse OPPORTUNITIES at our fast growing & highly respected group of companies! The Ippolito Group of companies has been in the produce business over 75 years, family run & with an excellent reputation.
Come Grow With Us!
WE OFFER AN ADVANTAGE
Continental NIGHT shifts - 7 shifts across two weeks * 26 bi weekly period per year = 182 days of work per year.
Traditional work patterns are - 10 shifts across two weeks * 26 bi-weekly periods per year = 260 days of work per year
The Ippolito Difference…75 working days per year OR 6 fewer work days every month plus vacation!
More time with friends and family with the same pay!
Save on gas with less trips into work, at least $200.00 a month!
Night shift premium of $0.50/hour!
Amazing employee referral program
Comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision coverage
RSP program, with company matching portion
Employee food purchase program
The primary responsibility of this position is to effectively execute the receiving, material storage and material distribution functions, ensuring accuracy, material integrity and material delivery in a dynamic 24/7 manufacturing and distribution environment. Internally this position interacts closely with other material handlers, sales team members, production associate, transportation personnel, and Ippolito drivers. Externally this position interacts closely with customers, carriers, and maintenance companies. Ensure all tasks are completed as assigned by the Distribution Supervisor or Warehouse Manager.
· Loading/unloading trailers as assigned
· Sorting and scanning freight – RF System
· Ensure that correct product ID/Code number is on product, and verify the content
· Order picking as assigned ensuring proper product in rotation
· Daily pre-shift inspections of assigned lifting equipment
· Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures
· Communicate shipment discrepancies or errors to the Distribution Supervisor or Manager upon detection
· Inspect lifting equipment as assigned and report any hazardous situations
· Responsible for the safe equipment operation
· Advise Supervisor of any maintenance requirements
· Special projects as identified by the manager
Education and Experience
· High school diploma
· Previous experience with a pallet truck or forklift required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Mathematical aptitude
· Ability to lift 40 lbs.
· Sound knowledge of GMPs, SOPs, and safety regulations
· Proficiency with the English language
Work is performed on the Distribution floor and in the distribution storage areas. The work will involve manually moving product and the use of forklifts, reach trucks and power jack. Environment can be cold and damp, and required to work on a 12 hour continental shift rotation.
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work Location: In person
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $19.62
- Ippolito | 201 North Service Road Facility, 201 North Service Road, Burlington, Ontario, Canada