Are you an Intermediate Hydrogeologist, becoming established in your career but looking for something new with added responsibilities? Are you capable and willing to assist a growing hydrogeological team further expand their services both geographically and with new clientele? Do you enjoy a mix of both field and office work, and independence while being supported by a team of experts? Are you currently based in the Lower Mainland or on Vancouver Island, or willing to relocate there? If so, we want to hear from you!
A Little About Us
We are engineers, technologists, planners, landscape architects, scientists, and their support teams that work together to deliver infrastructure, minimizing environmental impact and maximizing benefit to the community. We work hard and play hard because that is what #ISLLIFE is all about! Check us out on Social Media.
ISL’s Hydrogeology Team provides predominantly water sourcing services to a wide variety of municipal, transportation, structural and land development clients and projects within our local communities. We work with all ISL offices across Western Canada, with the team based in Calgary. Committed to finding, mentoring, and growing the right individual, our team approach is integral to our success:
- We offer our team members a diverse range of projects on which to hone their skills
- We are committed to team member career progression
- Together we enjoy a challenge and variety in our work
- We pride ourselves on delivering quality service to our clients on each of our projects
A Little About You
Your cover letter must demonstrate:
- Your strategies to develop new clients and geographical business areas.
- Your approach to prioritizing simultaneously running field and office projects for both internal and external clients
- Your experience working independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team, particularly in a hybrid work world.
- Your enjoyment of working in the outdoors, often in challenging conditions, while maintaining the ability to produce high quality in-office deliverables
- At least 3 - 5 years experience working as a hydrogeologist.
- Field experience related to groundwater source well installation, pumping tests, groundwater monitoring, etc.
- Reporting experience, particularly with well installation reports, groundwater licensing or monitoring reports, etc.
- Project management experience, particularly with proposal and work scope writing, budgeting, cost tracking, etc.
- Client relations experience, including developing new clients and maintaining relationships.
- Registered as or eligible for registration as a P.Geo. with EGBC.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A valid driver’s licence is required
- BC specific hydrogeology experience, particularly with the Water Sustainability Act and related guidelines.
- Field experience specific to water source well siting, drilling, installation, development, and testing.
A Little More About the Role
Being based in one of our Langley, Burnaby, Squamish, or Victoria offices, the ideal candidate can operate independently, being the hydrogeology team representative and field lead for projects located in western BC, including the Lower Mainland and surrounding area and Vancouver Island. The candidate will liaise closely with and be strongly supported by the hydrogeology team based in Calgary. Assisting with existing projects in the area, completing other projects based in BC or Alberta, and developing new clients in BC will be a key part of the role. Travel will be required, but is typically less than average in the environmental consulting industry. A typical work week could include:
- Communicating with the hydrogeology team, internal clients, and external clients, while developing new projects and clients in the local area.
- Responding to a wide range of hydrogeological questions related to groundwater sourcing, contaminant hydrogeology, dewatering, groundwater quality, etc.
Independently scheduling your workload and field work, with regular communication and support from the hydrogeology team.
- Conducting hydrogeological field work, such as: water source and monitoring well drilling and installation, hydraulic conductivity and pumping tests and groundwater monitoring and sampling for a wide variety of municipal and industrial clients.
- Preparing high quality field documentation and conducting detailed data analysis using AQTESOLV and Strater software.
- Assisting with the preparation of and authoring technical reports such as hydrogeological assessments, regulatory applications and proposals.
- Travel as required for field programs and working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
At ISL your identity is part of our identity. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) speaks to our core values and provides space for our teams to bring their authentic selves to work. ISL believes DEI creates the best outcomes for our clients while sustaining a happy and thriving work environment that allows for career development and opportunities for all staff. ISL is committed to a focused effort on continuous improvement and development of a respectful and safe workplace.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position. Only those who will be selected for an interview will be contacted.
- 1051 Vancouver St, Victoria, BC V8V 3K3, Canada
- 38026 2 Ave, Squamish, BC V8B 0C3, Canada
- 3999 Henning Dr, Burnaby, BC V5C 6P9, Canada
- 8506 200 St, Langley Twp, BC V2Y 0M1, Canada