Integrated Project Delivery Advisor
Are you an Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) professional looking for your next opportunity? Does the prospect of facilitating IPD teams through workshops excite you? Do you like to share your passion and knowledge for Lean via a facilitator role? If so, we want to hear from you!
If so, we want to hear from you!
A Little About Us
At ISL, we share an enthusiasm for community infrastructure. From planning through to design and construction management, we create nimble teams to tackle the unique requirements of every project. Our technical expertise encompasses transportation, land use planning, civil engineering, municipal, landscape architecture, heritage services, environmental management, water, structural, community engagement, geomatics, construction services and 3D visualization. Just the right size, ISL delivers on complex projects while being small enough to maintain strong, cohesive project teams and personal client attention and service.
ISL’s IPD Team nurtures and builds relationships in a customer service orientated environment. No two days ever look the same as we put our can-do attitudes forward to creatively problem solve together. Committed to finding, mentoring, and growing the right individual, our team approach is integral to our success:
- We offer a variety of exciting work projects and experiences via ISL’s Western Canadian presence
- Our environment is engaging – we enjoy a challenge and pride ourselves on delivering quality service to our clients on each of our projects
- We are supportive – through mentorship, education, training investment, and collaboration, we foster an environment of professional growth and diverse skills. We offer excellent benefits, social engagement opportunities, sustainability practices, and a commitment to DEI initiatives.
A Little About You
Your cover letter must demonstrate:
- Your approach to engaging partners in the IPD process
- How you approach and resolve issues that come up in projects
- Your ability to motivate and inspire teams to create and execute better outcomes
- Ability to work well with tight timelines and deadlines
Your resume should show us:
- 3 + years’ experience implementing Lean Design and Construction
- Knowledge and understanding the different contract models available and the ability to advise clients on what best meets their value proposition
- Exceptional workshop development and facilitation skills
- Successful facilitation of project meetings
- A willingness to learn and unlearn
Bonus points for:
- Having been part of an IPD project
- Attending IPD seminars / lean courses – certificates
- Construction and design experience
A Little More About the Role
While no two days will look the same, here is what you can expect from the role:
- Traveling to ISL offices and implementing IPD practices across the organization as needed
- Designing, training, facilitating, and advising IPD teams on various lean tools
- Sustaining and documenting all IPD processes, templates, training, etc.
- Continuous improvement – gathering internal and external feedback, keeping current on methodology changes, and updating ISL’s IPD practices as a result
- Working directly with clients - educating them and establishing IPD principles and processes on their projects
- Facilitating partner meetings, education, and IPD Workshops
- Assisting clients in finalizing their business case, value proposition and conditions of satisfaction
- Working directly with Lean/IPD Project Teams in all aspects of Lean/IPD Delivery including Pre-Validation, Onboarding, Validation, Target Value Design, Production/Construction, commissioning, and warranty
- Facilitating the IPD Team through interactive workshops
- Developing strong relationships with the client and IPD Teams to lead them to achieving more using alternate lean approaches
- Ensuring that client expectations and satisfaction are met or exceeded on all projects
- Creating networks with and maintaining relationships with existing and prospective clients
- Supporting internal continual improvement efforts for the Lean IPD Team to further enhance project and process effectiveness
At ISL your identity is part of our identity. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) speaks to our core values and provides space for our teams to bring their authentic selves to work. ISL believes DEI creates the best outcomes for our clients while sustaining a happy and thriving work environment that allows for career development and opportunities for all staff. ISL is committed to a focused effort on continuous improvement and development of a respectful and safe workplace.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position. Only those who will be selected for an interview will be contacted.
- 3999 Henning Dr, Burnaby, BC V5C 6P9, Canada
- 4015 7 St SE, Calgary, AB T2G 2Y9, Canada
- 7909 51 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T6E 5L9, Canada
- 8506 200 St, Langley Twp, BC V2Y 0M1, Canada