Junior Civil Design Technologist
Are you a new graduate? Does working with a diverse team of project managers, engineers, planners, and technologists to deliver excellent service to clients excite you? What about working on a variety of construction projects in the Edmonton area. If you like what you’ve just read, we want to hear from you!
A Little About Us
At ISL, we share an enthusiasm for community infrastructure. From planning through to design and construction management, we create nimble teams to tackle the unique requirements of every project. Our technical expertise encompasses transportation, land use planning, civil engineering, municipal, landscape architecture, heritage services, environmental management, water, structural, community engagement, geomatics, construction services and 3D visualization. Just the right size, ISL delivers on complex projects while being small enough to maintain strong, cohesive project teams and personal client attention and service.
ISL’s Edmonton Survey Team works on a diverse range of Transportation, Municipal, Community Development and Structural projects with cross functional teams to deliver excellence for our clients. Committed to finding, mentoring, and growing the right individual, our team approach is integral to our success:
- Expertise – elevate your own game by collaborating with some of the best and brightest in the industry
- Learning – we provide fully funded educational opportunities to all staff
- Collaborative – we work together as a team and support each other to get work done
A Little About You
Your cover letter must demonstrate:
- Your approach to work as both part of a team and independently
- Your approach to time management and re-prioritizing projects when required
- Your organizational and detail-oriented skills
- Your enthusiasm for the industry!
Your resume should show us:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering Technology, Civil Design Technology and/or Civil Design and Drafting Technology
- A valid class 5 driver's license or equivalent
Bonus points for:
- Construction inspection experience
- Topographic survey and/or construction stakeout
- Consulting experience
A Little More About the Role
This role is based in Edmonton and will require travel within Central Alberta.
We are looking for someone with a keen attention to detail and ability to complete quality control check of their own and others’ work. You will require and must maintain a valid Class 5 Alberta Operator’s License. A company vehicle will be provided.
While no two days are ever the same, what you can expect to be doing in the role is:
- Completing Civil3D designs including grading functions, pipe networks, profiles, surfaces, and earthworks comparisons
- Designing/draft grading and servicing plans for site and land development projects
- Collaborating on projects both locally and across ISL disciplines and offices
- Consistently applying drafting standards and policies
- Performing design calculations and analysis
- Tracking progress during construction
- Pulling construction layout coordinates
- Preparing record drawings for submission
- Ability to perceive pertinent detail in objects and drawings
- Ability to analyze information
- Passion for Civil design/drafting
- A methodical approach and attention quality in your work
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Safety-oriented with care for the health and safety of yourself and others
At ISL your identity is part of our identity. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) speaks to our core values and provides space for our teams to bring their authentic selves to work. ISL believes DEI creates the best outcomes for our clients while sustaining a happy and thriving work environment that allows for career development and opportunities for all staff. ISL is committed to a focused effort on continuous improvement and development of a respectful and safe workplace.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position. Only those who will be selected for an interview will be contacted.
- 7909 51 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T6E 5L9, Canada