Are you looking for an opportunity to …
· Apply and develop your dam engineering skills in challenging environments, including active seismic regions with weak soils and epic rainfall? Your designs will be proof tested!
· Work on large-scale, world-class mining projects as part of a team of passionate, talented and experienced engineers and geoscientists delivering high quality services to our clients.
If that is not enough:
· Have a direct impact on the legacy of mining
· Solve some of the most complex problems faced by the mining industry
· Work on some of the largest tailings impoundments in the world
· Thrive in a fast-paced environment, with high expectations for quality and technical excellence
· Be at the forefront of new tailings technologies and innovative mine waste management strategies as the mining industry responds to global best practice
Intrigued? Read on
What makes us stand out?
Aren’t all consultancies the same? We don’t think so. One of our tag lines “Down to Earth / Up to the Challenge” says a lot about who we are. In broad terms we think KCB’s primary differentiators are:
· our global reputation for technical excellence;
· appetite to tackle unique, complex problems;
· real access to some of the sectors most amazing talent;
· our size (we’re a mid-sized consultancy);
· our offices in some of the world’s most beautiful locations; and
· interoffice co-operation and opportunities to move around.
The right fit – it’s got to be mutual
We recognise that making a career choice is a significant personal decision and, from our perspective, building a team of like-minded individuals is an important element to our success.
We are looking for people who want to be part of a highly motivated group that works with clients to achieve their objectives, while leaving a positive impact on the environment and local communities. We are particularly interested in your ability work with dam design teams.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Travel to project sites across Australia and worldwide, with a talented team of world recognized engineers
- Plan, coordinate, supervise, interpret and report on field investigation programs including; desktop reviews, field mapping, test pitting, drilling, sampling and testing.
- Perform analysis and design of mine waste management facilities including modelling using software packages such as GeoStudio, Rocscience, MUK3D, AutoCAD, PLAXIS etc. and in-house analytical tools. Although we value previous experience, in-house training for modelling platforms and analytical tools will be provided as required.
- Prepare engineering reports, drawings, specifications, presentations and bills of quantities using MS Office software and AutoCAD.
- Conduct monitoring and supervision of bulk earthworks construction for quality assurance and providing on-the-ground design advice to clients and contractors.
- Support project management and client management duties for projects as required.
If you are registered, or eligible to register as a Professional Engineer, have a Graduate or Post-Graduate degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering and more than 5 years of applicable experience in engineering consulting or the mining industry, we want to hear from you!
We value your:
- Strong initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence
- Energy and drive toward long-term success.
- Enthusiasm to learn and increase your technical skills and professional experience.
- Ability to work autonomously or within a project team with likeminded professionals
- Superior verbal and written English communication skills
- Applicable experience in: site investigation and laboratory testing of soils and rock; earthworks and construction monitoring, geotechnical data analysis and reporting.
- Exceptional team spirit, interpersonal skills and your ability to build long-term, successful relationships with our project teams and our clients.
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
- Salary range of 85000 - 120000
- Training and development opportunities
- 2.5% Additional superannuation
- Professional registration support
- Parental leave
- Novated leasing
- Income Protection Insurance
- Flexible working arrangements
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé.
We thank all applicants for applying; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job Family Engineers
- Pay Type Salary
- Brisbane QLD, Australia