Senior Geotechnical Engineer
KCB is a global, award-winning, privately owned medium-sized engineering consultancy firm currently working on world-class projects across Australia and Internationally. We are a diverse group of engineers, geoscientists and environmental professionals collaborating to deliver quality solutions for the toughest technical challenges facing our clients.
Our projects include tailings and waste storage facilities, water management structures, water dams, and mine infrastructure projects. We are engaged in the entire project cycle from green field studies, feasibility, site investigation, design, construction, commissioning, operations and maintenance, and closure. This allows our professionals to challenge themselves while gaining valuable engineering and project management experience on fascinating projects.
We are looking for a Senior Tailings Engineer to join our Brisbane-based engineering team to work on mining and resource projects located in Australia and overseas. Your experience will be applied to the planning, investigation, assessment, design and construction of tailings and water dams and waste storage for our existing mining and non-resource clients. Career development can be managed to support personal preferences such as niche, technical design specialists, or project participation in both technical dam engineering scopes and project management, or all-round dam engineering specialists, such as the responsible persons or Engineers of Record.
If you are registered, or eligible to register as a Professional Engineer, have a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering and a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in the mining or related industries, we want to hear from you!
This senior role will give you the opportunity to:
- work with our global team which includes many world-recognised tailings engineers
- fill a technical role focused on tailings management design with conventional or alternative technologies, dam design, mining geo-structures and operations support
- deliver projects successfully and be accountable for project planning, control, and direction
- prepare and review technical reports, drawings, specifications, risk assessments, bill of quantities, and cost estimates
- sustain client relationships and develop new business
- join a dynamic company of motivated and hardworking professionals committed to delivering high quality engineering, geoscience, and environmental services
- travel to project sites across Australia and worldwide
We value your:
· Strong initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence as well as your enthusiasm and drive toward long-term success.
· Enthusiasm to learn and increase your technical skills and professional experience.
· Ability to work autonomously or within a project team with likeminded professionals in offices around Australia and overseas.
· Ability to mentor and train junior engineers to assist them with their career development and project team technical participation.
· Superior verbal and written English communication skills including your experience in contributing requests for proposals, technical reports and project management communications.
· Your demonstrated experience in: slope stability and seepage analysis; seismic deformation modelling; dam design; earthworks and construction; site investigation and laboratory testing of soils and rock.
· Exceptional team spirit, interpersonal skills and your ability to build long-term, successful relationships with our project teams and our clients.
What we offer in addition to an exciting technical role:
· Working for an Australian Business Awards Employer of Choice recipient (2015-2022)
· Competitive remuneration package commensurate with your qualifications and experience
· 2.5% Additional superannuation
· Income Protection Insurance
· Professional registration support
· Training and development opportunities
· Novated leasing (vehicle)
· Parental leave
· Flexible working arrangements
· Additional incentives may be available dependent on performance of the company, business unit and individual.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé. This position may have opportunity for a hybrid work arrangement.
We thank all applicants for applying; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job Family Engineers
- Pay Type Hourly
- Brisbane QLD, Australia