Engineering Manager - Peru
Are you looking for an opportunity to…
- Leave a positive impact on the environment through progressive design?
- Work in a close-knit group of motivated professionals?
- Focus on continued growth and development?
- Further develop your critical thinking skills?
- Develop a career that provides a mix of local and global projects?
- Work with world-renowned subject matter experts?
What makes us stand out?
Our tag line “Down to Earth / Up to the Challenge” says a lot about who we are. In broad terms, we think KCB’s primary differentiators are:
- our global reputation for technical excellence
- our appetite to tackle problems with unique complexities
- our creative perspectives that come through diverse and inclusive teams
- our size, large enough to win intriguing projects, small enough to know you by name
- everyone maintains a technical focus
What you would engage in:
Our focus is on the application of critical thinking to the management of mine waste and water. If continuing your career journey with us, you would be part of our Latin American Mining Environmental Group, based out our Lima office. The role of Engineering Manager reports directly to the Regional Operations Manager and comes with the flexibility to work a hybrid schedule. This role will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Lead the engineering group in Peru, focusing on employee engagement and team utilization
- Work closely with engineers in our other offices in Brazil and Ecuador, as well as Canada, Australia, and the US
- Instill a culture of safety-first, with additional emphasis on our corporate quality management system
- Advise the operations manager on staff performance, while recommending when the team should be hiring or have additional capacity
- Maintain your technical design excellence while focused on projects related to tailings management design, dam design, and mining geo-structures
- Provide senior review on technical reports and mentor staff thorugh the process
- Build trust with clients and staff through project site visits
- Engage with clients, colleagues and suppliers on environmentally focused field programs and design solutions
- Build client rapport that develops projects from feasibility through to mine closure phases
- Expand your knowledge by attending conferences and trainings
- Be an ambassador for and potentially become an owner of KCB
What we require:
We respect the knowledge and experience you have gained to date and are willing to help you build on it. We do however require the following qualifications:
- A degree in civil engineering, with a track record of continued development
- At least ten years’ civil design experience related to tailings management and dam design in the mining industry
- Previous experince building and leading a team in the consulting environment
- Experience in slope stability and seepage analysis, dam design, earthworks, and construction
- Knowledge and experience with applicable legislation, regulations, guidelines, and standards within Peru and internationally. International experience in other Latin American countries is considered an asset
- An ability to build relationships with multidisciplinary project-based teams
- Experience in a safety focused environment with near miss and incident reporting requirements
In addition to the must have requirements you will excel in the role if you have the following:
- An ability to find creative solutions and know how to present them
- A desire to mentor others and be mentored
- An ability to build rapport with clients, colleagues, and industry partners
- Demonstrate that you are flexible and seek solutions rather than focus on problems
Along with continued career development, KCB offers:
- Hybrid work opportunities
- Annual performance and salary review
- PSMJ’s supported track record of profitability, leading to above average bonus payouts
- Vacation policy that aligns to your experience
- Paid OT, and wellness days
- Flexible benefits, social, and mental well-being initiatives
- Commitment to global ESG standards
We are a global organization committed to employment equity. We respect the uniqueness that makes you, you. We encourage applications from all qualified career seekers, regardless of gender, sex, religion, or nationality.
- Job Family Engineers
- Pay Type Salary