Are you looking for an opportunity to…
- Leave a positive impact on the environment through progressive design?
- Work in a close-knit group of motivated professionals?
- Focus on continued growth and development?
- Develop your critical thinking skills?
- Develop a career that provides a mix of local and global projects?
What makes us stand out?
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd.’s (KCB) tag line “Down to Earth / Up to the Challenge” says a lot about who we are. In broad terms,we think KCB’s primary differentiators are:
- our global reputation for technical excellence
- our appetite to tackle problems with unique complexities
- our creative perspectives that come through diverse and inclusive teams
- our size, large enough to win intriguing projects, small enough to know you by name
- everyone maintains a technical focus
What you would engage in:
Our focus is on the application of critical thinking to the management of mine waste and water. If continuing your career journey with us, you would be part of our Mining Environmental Group based in our Vancouver office. The role of Geological Engineer comes with the flexibility to work a hybrid schedule and will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Serve as project engineer and/or project manager for tailings facility projects, for a range of design and operational stages (e.g., concept, construction, operations, closure)
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary project teams for the delivery of construction projects of mine tailings dams
- Engage with clients, colleagues and suppliers on environmentally focused field programs and design solutions
- Plan and manage site investigation and laboratory testing programs and interpret the results
- Participate in dam safety inspections/reviews, and other tailings and dam safety governance scopes
- Support business development efforts, including proposal writing
- Lead less experienced staff through the methodologies of TSF design solutions
- Build client rapport that develops projects from feasibility through to mine closure phases
- Expand your knowledge by attending conferences and trainings
- Be an ambassador for and potentially become an owner of KCB
What we require:
We respect the knowledge and experience you have gained to date and are willing to help you build on it. We do however require the following qualifications:
- A degree in geological engineering, with a track record of continued development
- At least seven years’ consulting experience and five or more years of related mine tailings project experiencee;
- Collaborated with multi-disciplinary project teams for the delivery of construction projects related to tailing storage facilities (TSFs);
- Led teams focused on civil / geotechnical designs or ground hazards;
- Actively been involved in tailing dam safety inspections, reviews, or the development of dam safety systems;
- Developed and mentored others in construction management and quality assurance for TSFs;
- Guided others in the application of critical thinking; and
- Built and sustained excellent client relationships
In addition to the must have requirements you will excel in the role if you have the following:
- An ability to find creative solutions and know how to present them
- A willingness to mentor others and be mentored
- An ability to build rapport with clients, colleagues, and industry partners
- Demonstrate that you are flexible and seek solutions rather than focus on problems
Along with continued career development, KCB offers:
- Hybrid work opportunities
- Annual performance and salary reviews
- PSMJ’s supported track record of profitability, leading to above average bonus payouts
- Vacation policy that aligns to your experience
- Paid OT
- Flexible benefits, including RSP, social, and mental well-being initiatives
- Commitment to global ESG standards
- Salary range: $105,000 - $115,000
We are a global organization committed to employment equity. We respect the uniqueness that makes you, you. We encourage applications from all qualified career seekers, regardless of gender, sex, religion, or nationality.
- Job Family Scientists
- Pay Type Salary
- Broadway Tech Centre, 500-2955 Virtual Way, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada