KCB Australia is looking for motivated Geotechnical Engineers to join our growing office in Perth.
KCB is a global, award-winning, privately owned medium-sized engineering consultancy firm and internationally recognised as one of the leading tailings management consultancies in the world. We are a diverse group of engineers, geoscientists and environmental professionals collaborating to deliver quality solutions for the toughest technical challenges facing our clients.
We have fantastic opportunities for successful candidates to continue advancing their careers by working on large-scale, world-class mining projects as part of a team of passionate, talented and experienced engineers and geoscientists delivering high quality services to our clients. In this role you will be involved with the design and construction of tailings residue and waste storage facilities, water management structures and other associated infrastructure for the Resources Sector, providing you with interesting technical challenges and a diversity of engineering experience.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work with and learn from our global team which includes many world-recognised tailings engineers
- Join a dynamic company of motivated and hardworking professionals committed to delivering high quality engineering, geoscience, and environmental services
- Travel to project sites across Australia and worldwide
- Plan, coordinate, supervise, interpret and report on field investigation programs including; desktop reviews, field mapping, test pitting, drilling, sampling and testing.
- Perform analysis and design of mine waste management facilities including modelling using software packages such as GeoStudio, Rocscience, MUK3D, AutoCAD, etc. and in-house analytical tools. Although we value previous experience, in-house training for modelling platforms and analytical tools will be provided as required.
- Prepare engineering reports, drawings, specifications, presentations and bills of quantities using MS Office software and AutoCAD.
- Conduct monitoring and supervision of bulk earthworks construction for quality assurance and providing on-the-ground design advice to clients and contractors.
- Support project management and client management duties for projects as required.
If you have a Graduate or Post-Graduate degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering and more than 2 years of applicable experience in engineering consulting or the mining industry, we want to hear from you!
We value your:
- Strong initiative, innovation and commitment to technical excellence
- Energy and drive toward long-term success.
- Enthusiasm to learn and increase your technical skills and professional experience.
- Ability to work autonomously or within a project team with likeminded professionals
- Superior verbal and written English communication skills
- Applicable experience in: site investigation and laboratory testing of soils and rock; earthworks and construction monitoring, geotechnical data analysis and reporting.
- Exceptional team spirit, interpersonal skills and your ability to build long-term, successful relationships with our project teams and our clients.
- Competitive remuneration and benefits
- A graduate program and mentoring
- Training and development opportunities
- 2.5% Additional superannuation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Income Protection Insurance
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé.
We thank all applicants for applying; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job Family Engineers
- Pay Type Salary
- KCB Australia Pty Ltd., Suite 4 – 7 Ventnor Avenue, West Perth, Western Australia, Australia