Civil Engineering Student Internship
Our York UK office has internship opportunities in the Civil or Geotechnical Engineering division for engineering students starting May, 2023. These opportunities are available for either 8, 12, or 16-month terms.
This role will give you an opportunity to:
- Work on a variety of local and international projects that may include site characterization, geohazard risk assessment, terrain analysis, tailings dam design, numerical modeling, foundation design, mine and tailings planning, mine pit slope design, embankment dams and earthworks design.
- Get involved in site investigation and drilling programs, core logging, lab testing, instrumentation installations and monitoring and data review and analysis.
- Build and develop strong relationships with multidisciplinary project teams, sub-contractors, clients, and other project stakeholders.
- Use your problem-solving ability to find innovative solutions to technical challenges.
- Receive on-going guidance and mentorship from leaders in the industry in a supportive, dynamic company culture that supports career development.
- Potential to travel within Europe and to various international project locations.
- Currently enrolled in 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of a recognized engineering program
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel
- Eagerness to learn good engineering practice
Klohn Crippen Berger Ltd. (KCB) is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm providing engineering and environmental services in the mining, hydropower, transportation, ports, infrastructure, geotechnical, oil & gas, environmental, and water resources sectors. We offer a full range of services from our offices in North America, Australia, South America, and Europe.
KCB is a platinum member of Canada’s Best Managed companies. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We offer professional career development tracks and salaries commensurate with experience.
Please apply in writing by submitting your resume and cover letter indicating which length of term (8, 12 or 16-months).
- Job Family Engineers
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Internship
- Third Floor, Apollo House, Third Floor, Apollo House, York, York, United Kingdom