Senior Water Resources Engineer
Our Australian water dam and hydro business is growing, and the KCB Australia Pty Ltd (KCB) team is looking for a Senior Water Resources Engineer to be part of this journey and help lead the growth of our business.
Our current clients include major mining companies and bulk water supply authorities. We also work closely with other teams within KCB to provide specialist support for tailings and hydrogeology projects.
The opportunities for growth in the markets that the group services are significant. To further develop our mine water management services, we require a Senior Water Resources Engineer to focus on the growth and development our water balance capability.
Our projects include water dam and hydroelectric projects, tailings and waste storage facilities, water management structures, and mine infrastructure projects. We are engaged in the entire project cycle from green field studies, feasibility, site investigation, design, construction, commissioning, operations and maintenance, and closure. This allows our professionals to challenge themselves while gaining valuable engineering and project management experience on fascinating projects.
We offer unparalleled career growth for the right individual in a dynamic growing company committed to high quality engineering and excellence.
At KCB you will have the opportunity to build a diverse skill set with a combination of field and office engineering assignments and become part of a small but growing integrated group of senior and intermediate engineers and scientists.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Manage and provide technical leadership on mine water management projects.
- Mentor and develop junior staff through the provision of technical support and feedback.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships and work continually to develop the business.
- Undertake senior review of project deliverables to ensure they are technically sound and meet the requirements of KCB’s quality management system.
- Lead and participate in business development initiatives related to mine water management.
- Work with diverse teams across our offices of multidiscipline engineers, designers and drafters from preliminary investigations and conceptual design through preliminary design, final design, and construction.
- Act as a technical resource within a multidisciplinary project team that fosters career development.Visit project sites, as required to gather information to contribute to engineering activities
- Travel within Australia and internationally.
We value your:
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering, post graduate qualifications welcome.
- Professional Engineering registration (CPEng an RPEQ), or ability to attain professional registration within a year.
- Knowledge of Australian guidelines and standards: particularly Australian Rainfall and Runoff 2019.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of relevant industry standard software for hydrologic (RORB, WBNM, URBS, XPRAFTs etc.) and hydraulic modelling (TUFLOW, HEC-RAS etc.).
- Experience in preparing engineering reports, drawings and specifications for studies and construction projects.
- Enthusiasm to learn and increase your technical skills and professional experience.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong initiative and commitment to technical excellence.
- Exceptional team spirit, interpersonal skills and your ability to build long-term, successful relationships with our clients and our project teams.
What we offer in addition to an exciting technical role:
- Working for an Australian Business Awards Employer of Choice recipient (2015-2022)
- Competitive remuneration package commensurate with your qualifications and experience
- 2.5% Additional superannuation
- Income Protection Insurance
- Professional registration support
- Training and development opportunities
- Novated leasing (vehicle)
- Parental leave
- Flexible working arrangements
- Additional incentives may be available dependent on performance of the company, business unit and individual.
We are a global organisation committed to employment equity. We respect the uniqueness that makes you, you. We encourage applications from all qualified career seekers, regardless of gender, sex, religion, or nationality.
To learn more about projects you could be a part of check out Projects - KCB (www.klohn.com) and our Careers page for more details.
We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Job Family Engineers
- Pay Type Salary
- KCB Australia Pty Ltd., Level 1, 154 Melbourne St, South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- Newcastle NSW, Australia