FRENCH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE TEACHER (FLS/FLE)
LCI Education is a diverse learning community of 12 select higher education institutions with 23 campuses on 5 continents, and 2,000 colleagues involved in educating over 20,000 learners worldwide each year.
LCI Education also provides solutions to workforce challenges with adaptive digital learning options and much more. LCI Education harmonizes its programs from one country to the next, promoting greater flexibility and life-ready learning experiences, better control over the quality of its services, and deeper respect for the various cultures with which it works. LCI Education has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
LAB Language Centre Montreal is located in Montreal, the largest bilingual city in Canada. Established in 1997, it is an integral part of the LCI Education network. LAB Language Centre Montreal, LaSalle College share a modern campus in the heart of Montreal, one of Canada's most dynamic and affordable cities. LAB Language Centre Montreal specializes in English and French language courses accredited by Languages Canada and also offers a wide range of part-time courses in international languages.
We are currently seeking full-time, high-energy, creative instructors for our upcoming positions.
Status : Contract
Schedule : Monday and Wednesday from 8 am to 11am (on campus) + Friday from 3pm to 6pm
Location: Lasalle College, Montreal (Quebec) and online
Salary: Between $21.19 and $26,53/hour
- Plan classes;
- Deliver courses in a dynamic, efficient and structured manner;
- Administer and correct evaluations;
- Monitor each student and encourage success;
- Be available for monthly paid teacher meetings and regular professional development opportunities offered by LAB;
- Other related duties.
- You must be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Hold a bachelor's degree ;
- Bachelor's degree in French as a second language;
- Experience in teaching FSL/FLE at least 1 year.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm;
- Flexible, patient and punctual;
- Ability to work with students from different cultures
- Ability to teach at various levels, from elementary to advanced;
- Ability to teach and explain grammar concepts effectively;
- Ability to engage students and select practices appropriate to the skill or topic being learned;
- Demonstrate professional ethics and pedagogical skills;
- Excellent communication skills.
Do you want to contribute to innovative projects in collaboration with teams from all sectors? Do you dream of working for a Quebec-based company with a global reach? Do you want to join a diversified and human team that looks to the future? What are you waiting for? Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
LCI Education is an equal opportunity employer and members of the following target groups are encouraged to apply: women, person with disabilities, native people, visible minorities and ethnic minorities. If you are an applicant/person with a disability, you can receive assistance with the screening and selection process upon request.
- Job Family LCI Global
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1400 Rue du Fort, Montréal, QC H3H 2T1, Canada