LECTURER IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
LCI Education is a diverse learning community of 12 select higher education institutions with 23 campuses on 5 continents, and 2,000 colleagues involved in educating over 20,000 learners worldwide each year.
LCI Education also provides solutions to workforce challenges with adaptive digital learning options and much more. LCI Education harmonizes its programs from one country to the next, promoting greater flexibility and life-ready learning experiences, better control over the quality of its services, and deeper respect for the various cultures with which it works. LCI Education has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies.
Thanks to a collective agreement that is constantly at the forefront of higher education, our teachers benefit from working conditions that give them greater flexibility and autonomy, as well as enviable fringe benefits!
You will join a dynamic, human and united team, within a company whose main objective is to allow people to develop and reach their full potential. You will have the chance to shine and expand your horizons.
Location: LaSalle College Montreal
The School of Computer Science is looking for lecturers for its programs. Among the skills and concepts taught in this program are:
- Data base
- Internship management
- Plan the course sessions;
- Deliver the sessions in a dynamic, efficient and structured manner;
- Design formative and summative evaluations according to the competency-based approach;
- Administer and correct the evaluations;
- Follow-up on each student and encourage success;
- Be available to students in order to promote their development of the competency targeted by the course;
- Any other related duties.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada and must meet one of the following criteria
- Hold a university certificate or diploma or a college degree, with an option or concentration in the discipline concerned;
- Teach or have teaching experience in the discipline for a full semester within the last five (5) years;
- Have practiced a trade or profession related to the discipline or course in question for at least two (2) years.
This role involves interaction with internal and external clients and partners nationally and globally. Professional competency in the English language is therefore a requirement of this role.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- Have installed and configured PowerShell/Python on various Windows operating systems;
- Be able to create PowerShell/Python scripts to automate routine tasks;
- Be able to navigate the command line interface and the integrated scripting environment.
Courses are offered during the day. We are looking for creative professionals with proven expertise in their field who are willing to pass on their knowledge. Bilingualism and teaching experience are major assets.
Do you want to contribute to innovative projects in collaboration with teams from all sectors? Do you dream of working for a Quebec-based company with a global reach? Do you want to join a diversified and human team that looks to the future? What are you waiting for? Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
LCI Education is an equal opportunity employer and members of the following target groups are encouraged to apply: women, person with disabilities, native people, visible minorities and ethnic minorities. If you are an applicant/person with a disability, you can receive assistance with the screening and selection process upon request.
- Job Family LCI Global
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1400 Rue du Fort, Montréal, QC H3H 2T1, Canada