Assistant Housekeeping Manager
About the Sutton Place Hotel
The Sutton Place Hotel at Revelstoke Mountain Resort is a luxury 4-star hotel, located directly opposite the gondola and activities that provide experiences of a lifetime for our guests.
The Sutton Place Hotel and Revelstoke Mountain Resort (RMR) are a division of Canada's largest privately held hospitality company, Northland Properties Corporation (NPC), and since its inception in 2007, we have gained a reputation for endless outdoor adventure, big mountain riding and an authentic Canadian resort town. If you love to connect with people and have a passion for providing an exceptional hospitality experience, then we invite you to join our Sutton Place Family!
Assistant Housekeeping Manager
The Assistant Housekeeping Manager will be responsible for ensuring the quality of cleaning and servicing for all guest rooms, and public areas of the hotel. In this engaging role, strong leadership, problem-solving, and decisiveness are critical for success in delivering world class cleanliness and great guest experiences at our beautiful luxury resort hotel.
If you are a positive, hands on, motivated, people and service-oriented leader, this could be a great opportunity to join an expanding team in Revelstoke where we support personal and professional growth. This role will report directly to the Housekeeping Manager.
- Responsible for overseeing and contributing to the successful day-to-day operation of the Housekeeping Department.
- Assist in recruiting, onboarding, training and retaining a strong service-oriented team.
- Supervise all housekeeping employees to ensure our guests receive the highest standard of cleanliness and service.
- Conduct guest room and public area inspections.
- Monitor and manage labor efficiencies and all other departmental costs.
- Ordering of departmental supplies, managing product storage, and conducting product inventories.
- Creating work schedules for all department team members.
- Ensure Sutton Place Hotels policies and procedures are followed.
- Fast paced environment, work under pressure, tight deadlines, repetitive tasks, handling heavy loads, physically demanding, attention to detail, combination of standing, walking, standing for extended periods of time, bending, crouching, kneeling.
- Superior time management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an emphasis on leadership ability.
- Positive attitude, pleasant personality, and a strong ability to motivate, train, develop and guide a team.
- Knowledge of health and safety standards.
- Minimum 3 years housekeeping experience with a minimum of 2 years in a direct supervisory or management role in hotels.
- Knowledge of laundry operations.
- Various indoor and outdoor weather conditions.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Complimentary Season's Pass to Revelstoke Mountain Resort
- Reciprocal deals on lift tickets at other local mountains.
- Northland Perks Program and third-party partnership discounts for all employees.
- Group Life Insurance, Extended Health, Dental, Vision Care (after 3 months of full-time service)
- Matching RRSP program (after 1 year of full-time service)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Refer a friend or family program.
- Employee Housing Available
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker.
**Applications will not be accepted via email or in person.
**We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with The Sutton Place Hotel, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**
- Job Family Housekeeping
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $50,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $55,000.00
- The Sutton Place Hotels - Revelstoke, 2950 Camozzi Road, Revelstoke, British Columbia, Canada