PCAS22-126 - Analyst, Data Intelligence (4 Month Secondment)
SUMMARY OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Analyst, Data Intelligence is responsible for evaluation and reporting that is critical to fulfilling a variety of requirements including, accountability, evaluation, and monitoring services. Duties also include data collection, preparation and dissemination of various analyses, profiles and reports in formats to readily inform various stakeholders to enhance knowledge of facts, trends and issues vital to effective planning, performance assessment, evaluation and quality improvement at Peel CAS.
1. Provides expertise in the area of evaluation and performance measurement including identification of data sources, data collection, organization and analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data.
2. Extracts, transforms, and analyzes data and information from multiple lines of evidence to prepare reports that support decision-making.
3. Develops tools for volume and service monitoring (including trend analysis) and forecasting. Keeps up to date regarding current methodologies and tools available for forecasting and trend analysis.
4. Routinely reviews data (both structured and unstructured) to identify gaps and possible inconsistencies, and addresses issues constructively with appropriate stakeholders. Assesses data-related issues and develops resolutions to meet department and agency objectives.
5. Designs, develops, and maintains data definitions and methodological guidelines related to the departmental and agency information assets.
6. Develops data visualization tools including interactive dashboards and infographics when needed to better understand patterns and explain complex issues and results to decision-makers.
7. Helps to promote continuous quality improvement agency wide by identifying potential opportunities for data collection improvement and implements changes.
8. Conducts key informant interviews, focus groups, file reviews and surveys.
9. Creates ad-hoc reports and analytical products as requested in a timely and accurate manner, assists with various tasks and items as needed.
10. Works with personnel from other departments as necessary to efficiently and effectively summarize and present data to fulfill customer requirements.
11. Support the Manager, Client Services & Support in preparing annual and ad-hoc reports, program evaluation using Client Service Application (CSapp)
12. Support the Business Information and Innovation team in the design, development and testing of BI solutions while providing recommendations to increase efficiencies and achieve best practice standards.
13. Assists with business process reviews when employing the appropriate techniques and standards for analyzing, mapping and validating business processes.
14. Supports collection, analysis and dissemination of reports on OnLAC AAR information and client feedback data.
15. Contributes to the research reviews and evaluation activities of the agency including the design and implementation of research projects.
16. Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated expertise in use of quantitative and qualitative analytical methods that support performance assessment, comprehensive knowledge of program evaluation methodologies and quality/process improvement tools.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and skilled in other Microsoft Office products.
- Familiarity with various reporting and data visualization tools (e.g., Cognos, Power BI, Tableau, etc.).
- Ability to solicit and communicate user needs/requests and convert them into solutions.
- Knowledge of how to develop performance indicators with a focus on performance measurement.
- Strong commitment to upgrade skills/abilities including new software and keeping abreast of advancements in industry practices.
- Must be able to multitask to efficiently meet deadlines, prioritize, meet schedules and manage changes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, set priorities and work independently.
- Must pay attention to detail and be highly organized in order to meet the demands of the fast-paced work environment.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to deal effectively with all levels of within the organization as well as external stakeholders.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, discretion, tact and diplomacy to handle sensitive issues and inquires.
- Ability to work as a member of a team providing help and support to colleagues and volunteers as required.
Education: University degree in the social sciences with an emphasis on social science research, business performance metrics and/or evaluation methodologies.
Experience: Minimum of 4-5 years related experience
Other educational and personal qualifications together with progressive experience, which in the opinion of the Director, Strategic Data Intelligence, constitutes adequate and suitable preparation for the position.
HOURS OF WORK
- 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday
- Working hours may vary and applicants must be flexible to work outside of standard office hours.
SALARY GRADE: 9 Union ($68,930 - $88,792)
CLOSING DATE : December 9, 2022
- Pay Type Hourly
- The Children's Aid Society of Peel Region, 25 Capston Drive, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada