Clinical Sales Specialist
Synaptive Medical is a Canadian medical device company, based in downtown Toronto, focused on supporting healthcare professionals and systems in patient diagnosis and treatment. Synaptive’s suite of products include MRI, surgical planning, navigation, and robotic visualization – all of which can be seamlessly combined or used independently in the operating room. The company has a number of opportunities for innovative people to join the team and share in the development of technologies to solve surgical and imaging challenges in patient care.
The Clinical Sales Specialist (CSS) role blends clinical excellence with sales drive and initiative, to focus on developing new business opportunities while nurturing growth and ensuring customer satisfaction within existing accounts. The CSS will maintain and grow assigned accounts through expert procedure support, while partnering with senior sales managers to build and foster new partnerships across Western Canada.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate closely with Sales Managers to develop and implement sales strategies to meet the organization’s business objectives
- Utilize clinical expertise to prospect, qualify, and develop sales opportunities through targeted customer engagement
- Utilize expert product knowledge to demonstrate clinical value and relevance to prospective clients during in-person sales demos and marketing events
- Assist in evaluations of Synaptive products at prospective accounts, showing functionality and clinical benefits
- Assist in final closing and negotiating of sales agreements, providing necessary information, and facilitating a smooth sales process
- Commitment to continuous learning, including regular participation in sales training, product updates, and staying informed about industry trends and regulations
- Regularly track and report on sales activities, pipeline, and performance metrics
Clinical Applications Support & Education
- Provide ongoing procedure support, ensuring optimal use of Synaptive's products
- Cultivate relationships within existing accounts to increase product utilization and adoption
- Training: Deliver comprehensive Synaptive product training to surgeons and hospital staff
- Offer clinical training and insights to Sales team members to bolster their understanding of product applications
- Troubleshooting & Service: Collaborate with the field service team for basic troubleshooting and service efforts
- Customer Feedback: Relay customer insights and feedback to Synaptive's design and engineering teams, aiding in product enhancement
- Travel: Contribute to regional and national clinical support as needed
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., Health Sciences, Medical Technology, Business)
- 3+ years of experience in clinical support, sales, or a related role in the medical device, robotics, or healthcare industry
- Prior experience with neurosurgical products and technologies is a plus
- Deep understanding of clinical workflows in combination with the use of technology, and the operating room environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop and close sales opportunities; experience in selling technical products is preferred
- Ability to align sales activities with organizational goals and adapt strategies to changing market conditions
- Experience working cross-functionally with Clinical Applications, Marketing, Product Development, and Field Service teams
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with both internal teams and external clients
- Confidence, clarity, and persuasion in presenting complex information to diverse audiences. Experience in tailoring communication styles to different stakeholders, including surgeons, hospital staff, and senior management
- Results-oriented with a strong drive to achieve sales targets
- Resilient, adaptable, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ethical and professional conduct, aligning with Synaptive's values and compliance standards
Synaptive has a special duty to take a leadership role in protecting the health and wellbeing of its employees and the public. The COVID-19 vaccines are an important public health measure for mitigating the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace and society. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or a reason protected by legislation why they cannot be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Diversity & Inclusivity
Synaptive is based out of one of the most diverse countries in the world. This includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status. To us, diversity is one our strongest assets to our organization. We commit ourselves to promoting the recognition and appreciation of our diverse and rich culture. We believe that it is critical to our success to promote freedom of thought and opinion in a respectful environment. The decisions we make are rooted by respectfully considering each other’s thoughts and opinions and by working towards a greater common goal, saving lives.
Synaptive Medical is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If as a qualified job applicant, you request accommodation, Synaptive will consult with you to provide reasonable accommodations according to your specific needs. If you wish to make a request, you will be provided an opportunity if your application is selected to proceed in our hiring process.
How to Apply
Unless otherwise stated, applications will only be considered from candidates eligible to work in Canada, or the country in which they’re applying to, without sponsorship.
If you are interested in this position and can demonstrate that you meet or exceed the requirements defined in the job description, please include #GOBRAIN in the top right corner of your resume and then complete your online application by clicking “Apply Now” and following the prompts.
The successful candidate to this role will be asked to complete background checks, which may include criminal, credit, employment and/or educational checks. All offers of employment are conditional on the receipt of satisfactory results of any applicable background check.
We would like to thank everyone who submits an application. Due to the volume that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Job Family CAS
- Pay Type Salary