ASICS Apps - Principal Developer
ASICS Apps lives by ASICS’ founding philosophy, "Anima Sana In Corpore Sano” or “A Sound Mind in a Sound Body.” We believe in the positive benefits of movement and aspire for people all over the world to live healthful and happy lives in both body and mind.
The ASICS Apps provide digital services and goods focused on helping runners and running events every step of the way. To strengthen our commitment to runners, we are expanding our investment in endurance-related digital services, such as endurance event technology (Race Roster), leading mobile running app (the ASICS Runkeeper app), and other exciting platforms that will help us better serve the endurance industry. Combined, these projects and products makeup ASICS Apps.
Our mission―in the past, today, and into the future―is to contribute to a healthful and sustainable society and to bring joy to the people of the world through movement. Movement is an important element in living longer healthy lives, in feeling more fulfilled, and in crossing national and cultural boundaries to bring the world together. If you are looking to join a fun and innovative company focused on the booming digital health and fitness industry, this is the place for you!
Principal developer is a problem solver and the first one who removes team roadblocks. They are not afraid to roll up their sleeves and write code whenever needed. Their role is to help the team keep motivated and productive. They are great mediators and work on team building and foster good communication between team members.
This role will be working with the Race Roster products.
- Take a leading role in the development and maintenance of multiple (micro-)services and applications
- Help translate requirements into actionable items for other engineers
- Communicate with our Product team, and collaborate on planning and project management
- Guide engineering work applying industry and internal best practices
- Participate in our engineering leadership team, and influence the technical direction of the Race Roster product
- Set technical standards for others to follow
- Architect and design cloud native applications
- Document practices and applications
- Teach and mentor other engineers
- At least 10 years of experience in an engineering role
- Good knowledge of multiple (web) programming languages
- Comfortable in an event-driven microservice architecture
- A high level understanding of commonly used algorithms and data structures
- Designing software and systems with supporting documention
- Acted as a facilitator of collaboration across multiple teams in an organization with 30+ engineers
- Intimately familiar with the AWS cloud platform. Comfortable designing for the cloud and managing infrastucture as code
Degree in Computer Science, Software engineering or related experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, sex, place of origin, ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, creed, record of offences, genetics, disability, age, marital status, family status, veteran status, or fitness level.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Job Family Race Roster
- Pay Type Salary
- ASICS Apps Canada Office, 186 York Street, London, Ontario, Canada