Operations - Vancouver and Richmond Cook (Casual)
RainCity Housing operates on the stolen, unceded, ancestral, traditional homelands of the Xʷməθkwəy̓əm, Sḵwx̱wú7mesh & səl̓ílwətaʔɬ Nations in so-called Vancouver, and the q̓íc̓əy̓, qʼʷa:n̓ƛʼən̓, kʷikʷəƛ̓əm, SEMYOME, shíshálh, ˈstɔːloʊ, sc̓əwaθən məsteyəxʷ and qiqéyt, Nations in the so-called Lower Mainland.
ABOUT US RainCity Housing is an organization that makes a difference in people’s lives. With a goal of providing a home for everyone, RainCity’s programs sustain relationships, strengthen communities and make change for people experiencing homelessness and mental health, trauma and substance use issues. We invite you to be a part of the change.
DIVERSITY RainCity Housing serves a diverse group of people and we need a staff group that reflects the diversity. People of diverse backgrounds and cultures are encouraged to apply.
Prepares and serves meals, and provides direction to food service workers, clients, and/or volunteers. Performs cleaning duties, receives supplies, maintains records.
Job Competition #: job2023.263
Job: Cook, Various Sites in Vancouver and Richmond, Casual Relief
Pursuant to the Provincial Health Officer's Order, the incumbent of this position is required to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Salary Range: $24.86 (BCGEU, Grid 9)
Hours: Casual relief on call
Work Site: Various Sites in Vancouver and Richmond
Start Date: As soon as possible
Many forms of education and experience are valued, including volunteering and lived experience of mental illness / addiction/ homelessness.
Minimum education and experience includes:
• Grade 12
• Professional Cook Training Certificate
• Certificates in First Aid and Food Safe
• Recent, related experience of six months
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
Key Skills and Abilities
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to deal with others effectively
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position. Constant standing.
• Ability to operate related equipment
• Ability to organize and prioritise
Please note, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 616 Powell St, 616 Powell St, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada