Operations - Custodian (Casual)
RainCity Housing operates on the stolen, unceded, ancestral, traditional homelands of the Xʷməθkwəy̓əm, Sḵwx̱wú7mesh & səl̓ílwətaʔɬ Nations in so-called Vancouver, and the q̓íc̓əy̓, qʼʷa:n̓ƛʼən̓, kʷikʷəƛ̓əm, SEMYOME, shíshálh, ˈstɔːloʊ, sc̓əwaθən məsteyəxʷ and qiqéyt, Nations in the so-called Lower Mainland.
ABOUT US RainCity Housing is an organization that makes a difference in people’s lives. With a goal of providing a home for everyone, RainCity’s programs sustain relationships, strengthen communities and make change for people experiencing homelessness and mental health, trauma and substance use issues. We invite you to be a part of the change.
DIVERSITY RainCity Housing serves a diverse group of people and we need a staff group that reflects the diversity. People of diverse backgrounds and cultures are encouraged to apply.
The Custodian performs basic janitorial, maintenance and repair duties for the Program facility such as unplugging sinks and toilets, filling small holes in walls / ceilings, touching up paint, checking oil and fluid levels, and replacing tap washers, light bulbs, fluorescent tubes, and door handles. Also cleans external areas and cleans, washes, and disinfects building areas. Assists program staff with preparing rooms for new tenants, including pest control. Performs basic security duties such as patrolling buildings and grounds. Also interacts with and takes direction from the Operations Manager or designate as needed.
job competition # cas2023.328 Relief Custodian, Vancouver, Richmond, Chilliwack, Surrey
POSITION TITLE: Relief Custodian
PROGRAM: Vancouver, Richmond, Chilliwack, Surrey.
SCHEDULE: Positions are on-call / casual relief to start – filling in for regular staff
HOURS: Shifts are generally 8 hours long: 8:00am-5:00pm.
START DATE: As soon as possible
Pursuant to the Provincial Health Officer's Order, the incumbent of this position is required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We will only consider applicants who are fully vaccinated, or who have received an exemption from the Provincial Health Office. Proof of either must be provided in advance of any offer of employment being made.
We are looking for on call Custodian to staff various programs in Vancouver, Richmond, Chilliwack, Surrey. Programs operate 24/7 and new staff need to be available for weekends.
Many forms of education and experience are valued, including volunteering, and lived experience of mental illness / addiction/ homelessness; Minimum education and experience includes:
- Grade 12
- Certificate in First Aid
- Building Service Worker Certificate
- Recent, related experience of 1 year
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative relationships with tenants
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to collaborate with staff team and external services
- Ability to constructively resolve conflict with co-workers, management and external services
- Demonstrates understanding of oppression and marginalization as related to homeless individuals.
Please note, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Vancouver, BC, Canada