Production Technician (Wafer Production)
Why Redlen Technologies?
Redlen Technologies is a pioneering company that has revolutionized the semiconductor crystal growth and fabrication process.
At Redlen Technologies, innovation is at the heart of everything we do. Our founder's visionary work with the Canadian Space Agency laid the foundation for our groundbreaking Cadmium Zinc Telluride (CZT) sensors, revolutionizing medical imaging, security imaging, and non-destructive testing. We are driving a quantum leap forward in medical CT scanners, elevating diagnostic accuracy while reducing radiation dose– a technological feat that has earned us global recognition. With a commitment to excellence, we have earned the trust of Fortune 500 industry customers, leading to our acquisition by Canon Inc. for $430M– a testament to our industry leadership.
With over 200 dedicated professionals, we take pride in fostering a work environment where Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) professionals thrive. As an equal opportunity employer we demonstrate that diversity drives innovation, and we are passionate about building a future where every employee contributes to our mission-driven success.
We are dedicated to serving our customers and place a high value on quality and teamwork. Candidates with previous manufacturing experience are preferred.
Production Technicians play a key role within Redlen in creating high quality, high performance radiation detectors for timely delivery to our medical and security imaging customers around the world.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interpreting and completing issued output targets (work orders) in an accurate and efficient manner
- Proficient in the use of production process equipment in the assigned areas
- Ability to understand instructions as they apply to the manufacture of assemblies, sub-assemblies, etc.
- Sample and test processes as required by the QMS program and procedures
- Maintain accurate process records as per the instructions in place at the time
- Monitor use and inventories of process materials/chemicals and supplies
- Compliance with all stated company quality objectives
- Adhere to all workplace health and safety protocols
- Participate in programs and procedures required to ensure stringent plant and work area cleanliness
- Day: 6:00am-2:30pm
- Afternoon: 2:00pm-10:30pm
- Night: 10:00pm-6:30am
Majority of departments require technicians to be on their feet.
- CZT Operations (crystal growth, furnace operations, wafer & chip cutting)
- Lap & Polish
- Clean Room
- Assembly & Test
Qualifications & Experience:
- High school graduation essential
- Computer literate and familiar with MS word and MS Excel
- Technical college diploma considered an asset
- Experience in a comparable work environment an advantage
- Reliable transportation
- Able to work nights and/or weekend shifts
- Experience in metrology or QC
- Experience using SOPs to execute work
- Experience assembling electronics
- Experience in unskilled labour roles is accepted
- 32-month hands on comprehensive training program
- Premiums for afternoon and night shift
- On-site parking
- Work boot allowance
- Eligible for annual bonus
- RRSP matching
- Health and Dental
- Career growth opportunities
Redlen has received numerous awards and accolades and prides itself on being a great place to work for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) roles, and for being an equal opportunity employer.
$19.25 per hour - Day shift
$20.65 per hour - Afternoon shift
$21.25 per hour - Night shift
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Redlen Technologies Inc., 868120585, Saanichton, British Columbia, Canada