Detector Product Engineer
Why Redlen Technologies?
Redlen Technologies is a pioneering company that has revolutionized the semiconductor crystal growth and fabrication process.
At Redlen Technologies, innovation is at the heart of everything we do. Our founder's visionary work with the Canadian Space Agency laid the foundation for our groundbreaking Cadmium Zinc Telluride (CZT) sensors, revolutionizing medical imaging, security imaging, and non-destructive testing. We are driving a quantum leap forward in medical CT scanners, elevating diagnostic accuracy while reducing radiation dose – a technological feat that has earned us global recognition. With a commitment to excellence, we have earned the trust of Fortune 500 industry customers, leading to our acquisition by Canon Inc. for $430M—a testament to our industry leadership.
With over 200 dedicated professionals, we take pride in fostering a work environment where Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) professionals thrive. As an equal opportunity employer we demonstrate that diversity drives innovation, and we are passionate about building a future where every employee contributes to our mission-driven success.
Are you a tech-savvy professional looking to make a meaningful impact in a science-based, mission-driven organization? Do you have a passion for medical equipment design and complex semiconductor devices? If so, Redlen Technologies has the perfect role for you!
We are currently seeking a Detector Product Engineer to join our dynamic team. As an intermediate role, you'll have the chance to leverage your technical expertise and contribute significantly to the development and validation of our cutting-edge semiconductor radiation detectors used in medical imaging.
- Join a team of experts and contribute to the development and maintenance of semiconductor radiation detector test specifications; advanced programming and analysis experience required
- Establish the correlation between in-system CT performance and detector specifications, optimizing x-ray test protocols for enhanced accuracy.
- Lead the design and execution of product validation plans, including data acquisition, processing, and reporting.
- Utilize advanced data analysis capabilities to support failure mode analysis and product reliability programs.
- Engage in customer meetings and other support activities, showcasing your strong interpersonal and customer-facing skills.
We are seeking candidates with a minimum of 5+ years of industry/academic experience and expertise in the following areas:
- Advanced programming skills in languages like Python, C, C++
- Advanced analysis experience
- Strong knowledge of medical equipment design and testing, combined with product requirements management.
- Validation experience of complex semiconductor devices, particularly x-ray detectors.
- Working knowledge of product development and validation in ISO9001 and/or ISO13485 environments.
- Hands-on experience with testing X-ray detectors, gamma-ray detectors, or semiconductor devices.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, with proven customer-facing experience.
- Ability to apply statistical tools, such as JMP, is considered an asset.
Ph.D. or Master's degree in systems or electrical engineering, engineering physics, physics, biophysics, or equivalent.
Salary Range: $95,000-125,000 CAD
This range spans upper-intermediate and senior engineering/ scientist levels for the Victoria employment market.
If you believe your skill level and/or subject matter expertise falls outside of this range and you’re interested in working with Redlen, please get in touch with our internal recruiters to explore alignment with Redlen’s Hiring Plan! In your message, please specify where you see your skills fitting in our teams so that we can goal-set together with you.
Join our Mission-Driven Team:
At Redlen Technologies, we take pride in being an equal opportunity employer and fostering a culture of innovation and inclusion. As a Detector Product Engineer, you'll be part of a team dedicated to pushing boundaries, making breakthroughs, and positively impacting lives through cutting-edge technology.
Take your career to new heights with Redlen Technologies. Join us on this exciting journey of innovation and growth. Apply now and become a key player in the future of medical imaging and radiation detection.
- Pay Type Salary
- Redlen Technologies Inc., 868120585, Saanichton, British Columbia, Canada