Applications Support Engineer
Redlen Technologies’ genesis lies in the foundational work of its Co-Founder Bob Redden who undertook a Canadian Space Agency (CSA) challenge of growing crystalline materials in microgravity on the Mir and the International Space Station (ISS).
Starting from an original team of five to over 200 employees today, Redlen has continued to innovate and improve the semiconductor crystal growth and fabrication process for its world-leading Cadmium Zinc Telluride (CZT) sensors, used in Medical Imaging, Security Imaging and Non-Destructive Testing. Redlen’s technology is enabling a quantum leap forward in medical CT scanners - equivalent in scope and scale to the leap from black and white TVs to high definition 4K LED displays – improving image resolution and diagnostic accuracy, all the while substantially reducing radiation dose.
The team has grown from 50 to 200 employees in the recent past as it has secured design wins with major Fortune 500 industry customers in the medical and security industries. It plans to grow to 400 people and double its Victoria footprint in the next few years. Redlen’s impressive technical leadership and innovation led global medical equipment leader Canon Inc. to acquire Redlen for $430M in 2021 - a huge win for the B.C. tech industry.
Redlen has received numerous awards and accolades and prides itself on being a great place to work for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) roles, and for being an equal opportunity employer.
We are seeking a highly capable Applications Support Engineer to join our team at Redlen. In this role, you will be instrumental in the technical customer support of our high flux detector modules as the first-level support with our customers. Your expertise and collaboration will be essential in engaging technical resources, including customers, external suppliers, and internal scientists and engineers, to deliver cutting-edge technology to major OEMs in medical and security imaging. In this role you will report to the Senior Program Manager.
We look forward to welcoming a dedicated and talented Applications Support Engineer who is ready to drive innovation in the field. Join us at Redlen and be part of our mission to make a difference in the world.
- Provide timely and responsive support to customers integrating Redlen's photon counting CT modules into their CT systems.
- Able to understand and define customer problems and determine a resolution/ appropriate corrective action either independently or by collaborating with second- and third-line support engineers and scientists.
- Organize complex issues across multiple programs and departments.
- Prepare clear, consise, and accurate customer responses and document all necessary level of detail
- Evaluate and characterize high flux integrated detector modules for performance.
- Design experiments, analyze data, identify root causes, and optimize performance.
- Develop standard characterization and product test methods to support the introduction of new detector products.
- Proactively identify technologies to maintain Redlen's leadership position in high flux photon counting applications.
- Design, develop, and characterize ionizing radiation detectors, 2D imagers, 1D sensor arrays, and related electronics.
- Manage or coordinate technical resources in the development, testing, and delivery of complex integrated electronics systems.
- Experience in custom ASIC development or characterization, systems integration, and mixed-signal electronics.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role.
- Experience using issue/ bug tracking software, such as Jira
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Comfortable with challenging development projects and emerging requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated positive attitude and self-motivation.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Engineering-Physics, Applied Physics, Systems Engineering, or equivalent.
Salary Range: $70,000-95,000 CAD
This range represents intermediate engineering levels for the Victoria employment market.
If you believe your skill level and/or subject matter expertise falls outside of this range and you’re interested in working with Redlen, please get in touch with our internal recruiters to explore alignment with Redlen’s Hiring Plan! In your message, please specify where you see your skills fitting in our teams so that we can goal-set together with you.
- Pay Type Salary
- Redlen Technologies Inc., 868120585, Saanichton, British Columbia, Canada