Business Development Manager
Why Redlen Technologies?
Redlen Technologies is a pioneering company that has revolutionized the semiconductor crystal growth and fabrication process.
At Redlen Technologies, innovation is at the heart of everything we do. Our founder's visionary work with the Canadian Space Agency laid the foundation for our groundbreaking Cadmium Zinc Telluride (CZT) sensors, revolutionizing medical imaging, security imaging, and non-destructive testing. We are driving a quantum leap forward in medical CT scanners, elevating diagnostic accuracy while reducing radiation dose– a technological feat that has earned us global recognition. With a commitment to excellence, we have earned the trust of Fortune 500 industry customers, leading to our acquisition by Canon Inc. for $430M– a testament to our industry leadership.
With over 200 dedicated professionals, we take pride in fostering a work environment where Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) professionals thrive. As an equal opportunity employer we demonstrate that diversity drives innovation, and we are passionate about building a future where every employee contributes to our mission-driven success.
Business Development Manager – Role Description:
The Business Development Manager - is an ambitious, results-oriented professional with strong sales, commercial and technical skills, and experience working in a complex sales organization. This role reports into the Sr. Director of Business Development and is responsible for developing new customer relationships (market development, discovery, opportunity identification, qualification, proposal development and follow-through to close), managing existing customer relationships, securing sales goals and ensuring the internal fulfillment execution processes.
This experienced Manager will lead and manage customer engagements and business development process for Medical, Security and Non-Destructive Testing opportunities including diagnosing and qualifying customer needs, understanding requirements and specifications, and aligning these to Redlen capabilities to develop and propose value-rich solutions. She or he will lead pre-sales, sales and post-sales activities, secure customer orders, manage demand forecasts, and co-ordinate internal stakeholders to deliver value and customer support.
The successful candidate has a proven track record of initiating new customer relationships and developing long-term customer relationships with complex, technical deliverables where engagements require multiple years to transition from customer awareness to volume production.
This position is based in Victoria but will require international travel to attend events and visit customers - typically up to 20% of the time.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of one of our core markets in Medical, Security or Non-Destructive Test (NDT) as assigned which encompasses customer needs, competitive solutions, and market development strategies
- Develop and grow customer relationships, account development plans, and compelling proposals with a clear understanding of decision dynamics and timelines
- Collaborate with product management and product development to develop key product features/benefits and value propositions required to support the sales process
- Develop winning customer solution proposals and quotations in conjunction with internal stakeholders
- Achieve new customer design wins and forecasted revenue
- Develop and maintain monthly, quarterly and annual revenue forecasts by account
- Maintain and track customer deliverables, project schedules, and coordinate the delivery of product technical support
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a business development or product sales role with complex technical or scientific products, and
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an engineering or scientific role in product development or applications support, and
- Customer presentation and quotation preparation, with contract and pricing negotiation, and
- Proven track record of developing customer relationships for technically advanced and complex products
Skills and Additional Requirements:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and business management skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent time and priority management skills, including the ability to manage multiple simultaneous customers, projects and programs
- Demonstrated experience successfully collaborating with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Physics, Engineering Physics, Material Science or Electrical Engineering – candidates without this background will not be considered at this time
- Additional formal education in business, commerce or economics is desirable
Expected Salary Range: $100,000-150,000 CAD
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 20
- Redlen Technologies Inc., 868120585, Saanichton, British Columbia, Canada