Manufacturing Automation Engineer
Why Redlen Technologies?
Redlen Technologies is a pioneering company that has revolutionized the semiconductor crystal growth and fabrication process.
At Redlen Technologies, innovation is at the heart of everything we do. Our founder's visionary work with the Canadian Space Agency laid the foundation for our groundbreaking Cadmium Zinc Telluride (CZT) sensors, revolutionizing medical imaging, security imaging, and non-destructive testing. We are driving a quantum leap forward in medical CT scanners, elevating diagnostic accuracy while reducing radiation dose– a technological feat that has earned us global recognition. With a commitment to excellence, we have earned the trust of Fortune 500 industry customers, leading to our acquisition by Canon Inc. for $430M– a testament to our industry leadership.
With over 200 dedicated professionals, we take pride in fostering a work environment where Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) professionals thrive. As an equal opportunity employer we demonstrate that diversity drives innovation, and we are passionate about building a future where every employee contributes to our mission-driven success.
As a Manufacturing Automation Engineer you will be involved in implementing automation solutions for Redlen’s CZT fabrication and assembly process in manufacturing.
Reporting to the Automation Team lead, the position is responsible for implementing cost effective and scalable material handling automation in the manufacturing of CZT detectors, and modules. The automation solutions will include the selection of hardware and software that ensures interoperability with existing and planned material handling, process, and assembly equipment. Automation solutions will align with the throughput requirements of the process equipment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Designing or selecting automation capabilities for the key operations that require automation.
- Implementing the automation capabilities as defined in the approved plan.
- Transferring the maintenance and support of the automation capabilities to the appropriate organizations.
- Manage equipment purchase and installation
- Coordination of the automation projects with Module engineering, Process R&D, Manufacturing, Facilities design engineering and the Canon Rainbow projects.
- Maintain and model a positive and professional attitude, that cultivates healthy working relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Strong mechanical or electronic engineering background;
- 2-5 years hands-on experience in automation.
Skills and Additional Requirements:
- Very hands-on and innovative individual that works well in a team environment;
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Good project and time management skills;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and be able to work with limited supervision; and
- Demonstrated positive attitude and self-motivation.
Bachelor’s degree in electrical or computer engineering, engineering-physics, or equivalent.
Salary Range: $85,000-106,000 CAD
This range spans upper-intermediate and emerging senior engineering levels for the Victoria employment market.
If you believe your skill level and/or subject matter expertise falls outside of this range and you’re interested in working with Redlen, please get in touch with our internal recruiters to explore alignment with Redlen’s Hiring Plan! In your message, please specify where you see your skills fitting in our teams so that we can goal-set together with you.
- Pay Type Salary
- Redlen Technologies Inc., 868120585, Saanichton, British Columbia, Canada