Growth & Materials Scientist / Engineer
Why Redlen Technologies?
Redlen Technologies is a pioneering company that has revolutionized the semiconductor crystal growth and fabrication process.
At Redlen Technologies, innovation is at the heart of everything we do. Our founder's visionary work with the Canadian Space Agency laid the foundation for our groundbreaking Cadmium Zinc Telluride (CZT) sensors, revolutionizing medical imaging, security imaging, and non-destructive testing. We are driving a quantum leap forward in medical CT scanners, elevating diagnostic accuracy while reducing radiation dose– a technological feat that has earned us global recognition. With a commitment to excellence, we have earned the trust of Fortune 500 industry customers, leading to our acquisition by Canon Inc. for $430M– a testament to our industry leadership.
With over 200 dedicated professionals, we take pride in fostering a work environment where Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) professionals thrive. As an equal opportunity employer we demonstrate that diversity drives innovation, and we are passionate about building a future where every employee contributes to our mission-driven success.
Reporting to Manager, Crystal Growth, the successful applicant will assume a key role in the development and improvement of Redlen’s Cadmium Zinc Telluride (CZT) crystal growth using the traveling heater method (THM) and associated post-processing, with a focus on high-flux material growth for photon-counting computed tomography (PCCT).
- Optimizing and improving traveling heater method CZT growth and post-growth processes, equipment and
- Conducting testing of materials using a variety of analytical techniques either in-house or externally.
- Working with the detector characterization team, identifying the aspects of material growth that affect detector performance.
- Using Design of Experiments (DOE) and statistical data analysis, improving growth process capability.
- Supporting the manufacturing process engineering team in continuous improvement.
- Embracing a process engineering framework for decision making, including the use of run charts, histograms, pareto charts, process capability analysis, etc.
- Contributing to the technology transfer of new processes from R&D to Manufacturing.
- Master’s or Doctoral degree in chemical engineering, electrical engineering, material science, physics or equivalent. Depending on the candidate’s educational background the role title will be Scientist or Engineer.
- A minimum of five years hands-on II-VI or III-V semiconductor crystal growth.
- Hands-on characterization and analysis of semiconductor materials.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset.
- Fabrication, characterization or analysis of semiconductor devices is an asset.
- Statistical analysis experience using JMP or MiniTab software is an asset.
- A track record of excellence in applied research.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment with an orientation to safety.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and be able to work with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated positive attitude and self-motivation.
Expected Salary Range: $90,000-120,000 CAD
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Monday, January 1, 2024
- Redlen Technologies Inc., 868120585, Saanichton, British Columbia, Canada